Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber twin 44's on my 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I am experiencing my carbs cutting out accelerating from first to second and sometimes in a higher gear when accelerating. I this something I have to live with or is a jetting problem. Thanks for your help. Mike
Mblizzard
I went through a number of changes to get my 44s working right. If you could give us a run down on how they are currently configured (jet sizes Venturi size) there are a number of people that know much more than I do that can help.

One of the things I found helpful was getting the Weber Tech guide (thanks Kevin) so I knew more about what to look for.

Also are the 44s a new addition to the car? Or is this a new problem with a set up that has been working well in the past?
xperu
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 29 2013, 02:54 PM) *

I went through a number of changes to get my 44s working right. If you could give us a run down on how they are currently configured (jet sizes Venturi size) there are a number of people that know much more than I do that can help.

One of the things I found helpful was getting the Weber Tech guide (thanks Kevin) so I knew more about what to look for.

Also are the 44s a new addition to the car? Or is this a new problem with a set up that has been working well in the past?

xperu
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 29 2013, 02:54 PM) *

Thanks for the reply Mike. I had the engine rebuilt and a new set of Italian 44's installed. I will get back to you on the particulars after going through my paperwork, I'm not sure what my jet size are. Mike
SirAndy
44 seems too big for a stock 2.0L. I ran 44s on a 2056 and i had to choke them way down with 32mm veturis to get decent transition from the idle jets to main jets.

IMHO, a set of 40s would be the much better choice for your engine.
popcorn[1].gif
Mblizzard
I have 44s on my 1911 and I have 28 mm Venturi's. I have some 32s that I may try but it seems to like the 28s. But I had to go to 145 on the mains and 75s on the idle jets.

If they put right out of the box 44s on a 2.0 with no changes in the jets I would think that some additional changes might be needed.
r_towle
Where did you get 28mm venturis for 44 mm webers?

Btw, 28mm is the right Venturi for the 2.0 liter.
Mblizzard
I will have to look back through my pile of receipts to remember. But it was an odd vendor. Most of the standard outlets that had them wanted 30+ each for them. Got them for $19.

It was at deal parts.com. Slow but cheap.
rhodyguy
cutting out is a little vague. 'going on it's nose'=real lack of go. any back firing out the exhaust? snapping or popping back thru the carbs? the 36mm venturis that come on new 44s are too large for a stock/stockish 1971cc engine. there were some 28mm venturis fs in the classifieds that were priced right. call Air Cooled Engineering (ACE) for 28mm venturi avail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.