Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Control Arm Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
Hi All! I'm in dire need of a replacement bushing for my left rear control arm. I can't seem to find a replacement part number. Can anybody point me in the right direction? unsure.gif
Brad Roberts
You wont find one.

You have to convert the car over to Welt plastic/urethane bushings or replace the control arm with another worn out rubber impregnated rear control arm.

Or.. step up and GO ROLLER baby.

B
markb
Does that mean Mike M's fancy new bearings work for the rear? mellow.gif
Brad Roberts
He has a rear bearing kit. I just did ANOTHER install yesterday/today.

Smooth as silk.

I'm pretty sure they will be added to every car I build from now on out.

B
morgan
icon14.gif how much does that ruun for front and back rollers
jm
914werke
Brad, Mike, I am very intrigued with using the roller setup on my car but a comment I think Brad made on another thread about periodic dissasembly has me concerned. Living here in the PNW its often Freakin WET! confused24.gif so maintenance is my issue?
Is it possible to tap the bushing "collar" for a zerk fitting so you could grease the assmb. when needed w/o removal and dissassembly?
Or is it more an issue of grit contaminantion?
Qarl
I'm going roller too! Sent my check off to Mike (Mueller) today. Yipee!

There's a thread on the Pelican 911 forum about bronze bushings in case you're interested.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....ighlight=bronze

Regards,
maf914
In the Grassroots Motorsport magazine 914 Project Car a couple of months ago they installed a front and rear roller bearing set and were happy with the results. The supplier was from the North-East, I think, and the total price was around $800. Has anyone looked into this option? Does Mike offer front and rear, or only rear? Price?

Mike
URY914
They used units from Shine Racing in Mass.
Mike makes f & r.
seanery
Mike offers both front & rear.

I've seen them and they are very nice!
Mueller
Hey Mark,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you....swamped right now, in fact I was working until 3:30 AM to finish a rear kit to send back East today.
(he is running the Shine kit on front)

Mine;
Fronts: 400
Rears: 400

Thiers;
Fronts: 485
Rears: 485

Discounts for multiple purchases (more than one car)

rdauenhauer,
Use in the wet should not be a problem if good quailty grease is used, in fact boat trailer wheel bearing grease would be ideal. The rears have an o-ring.

The fronts use an o-ring and RTV for sealing, a zerk fitting could be installed, but it would require match drilling after assembly, not that hard, but I could draw it up to make it owner optional.

As long as one does not directly steam wash or pressure wash the suspension points, the grease is not going to go anywhere.

Mike
Brad Roberts
I pulled them apart to check them (street car after two years).. and report back on what I found (with NO seals or RTV used).. they where fine. Jeroen was with me.. I asked to carefully inspect the bearings for wear (so I would have a second set of eyes).. again they looked new.

After you ride in a car with them installed (and heavy springs/shocks) you will NEVER think about Welt bushings again. It smooths out the heaviest sprung cars out there.. the shocks actually work. The car will glide over pot holes/berms...LOL

B
markb
Brad, you're making this way too hard to resist. blink.gif Now I've gotta work them into the budget.... unsure.gif
Brad Roberts
Mikey... here you go:

I assembled "another" arm for the HPH race car tonight and shot some good pics.

B
Brad Roberts
ergwe
Brad Roberts
qert
Mueller
Hey Mark,

Does the 'Capt'n know?

I'd imagine he'd be against these with a vengance ar15.gif ar15.gif

smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Yep...and we should all take our braided brake lines off before they fail.

B
markb
To be honest, Mike, the Cap'n had never seen one go bad until my car. Figures mine would be the first. I just yanked an arm off one of my parts cars this morning, and next week when I'm at the shop I'll put it on. That should do me until I can scrape together the cash for a set of rollers from you. John hasn't said anything about not liking them, or the idea of them, so I'd say that's a good thing. wink.gif I think they'll be great on Dad's Car, if I ever get the pans welded in. Gotta keep the Blue car running for now. At least I have on to drive. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.