Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Fuel Lines / Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Gentlepersons (and Andy biggrin.gif )

I'm looking for pictures/description of the stock fuel pump and line setup in a stock /6.

My car has always had one fuel line down the center tunnel, an aftermarket fuel pump mounted on the firewall, and a single fuel line going into the engine bay.

Can someone post a picture for me of what "right" looks like, from the factory? I know there should be two lines in the center tunnel. I'm interested in where (how) the stock pump mounts and how the return lines are plumbed.

thanks,
Lawrence
nickg
look at any 70-74 car, it looks the same as the 4 cylinder. the factory 6 pump has a pressure regulater in it and lets the over pressure off into the return line to the tank. there is only 1 line to the carbs. i looked at the 914-6 chassis i have, the pump is at first glance the same as a 4 cylinder, hope that helps
Rusty
Thanks, Nick.

Can someone square me away with pictures? On most of my cars, the pump has already been relocated to the front.

-Lawrence
Pam
Lawrence - do you want me to take pictures on something on the Bee?? Send me an email and let me know - I'd have time to do that tonight....

-Pam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.