Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector with crimped fastener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
--axel--
1976 2.0 all stock. Getting ready to change all fuel lines.
Pulled the injectors to send them to get cleaned.
Had no problems with cylinders 1, 3, and 4 - They had standard rubber hose with ring clips.
Cylinder 2's fuel injector has a cloth covered hose with a metal crimp fitting.
Was this normal/factory?
What's the best way to remove the hose without damaging the injector?
Thanks.
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
Factory. good sharp diagonal pliers and cut away on the metal crimp.
patrick3000
If you have a Dremel you can very carefully cut away most of the crimp fitting without damaging the injector.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ May 30 2013, 02:02 PM) *

If you have a Dremel you can very carefully cut away most of the crimp fitting without damaging the injector.

agree.gif

I used Dremel cutting wheel too. Works great.

--axel--
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ May 30 2013, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(patrick3000 @ May 30 2013, 02:02 PM) *

agree.gif

I used Dremel cutting wheel too. Works great.

Got it removed. Anybody have an idea why this injector has a different part number and slightly different shape than the other 3? Also, why was only one crimped with cloth covered hose and the other 3 were plain rubber hose? huh.gif
type47
QUOTE(--axel-- @ May 30 2013, 02:48 PM) *

... Anybody have an idea why this injector has a different part number and slightly different shape than the other 3? Also, why was only one crimped with cloth covered hose and the other 3 were plain rubber hose? huh.gif

My guess is that maybe the PO replaced the other 3 or at least replaced the fuel hose to the 3... one factory injector, 3 with replaced hoses......
Mark Henry
There are early and late 2.0 injectors, often you will see a mix from PO repairs. They flow the same.
D1A3
Does anyone have a photo of the injector with the crimp fitting removed? Looking to replace the hose and want to be sure I am clear with what is underneath to ensure unnecessary damage is avoided.

Also, for a ‘76 2.0 D-Jet, what size replacement hose for the injector?
Mueller
QUOTE(D1A3 @ May 6 2018, 09:04 PM) *

Does anyone have a photo of the injector with the crimp fitting removed? Looking to replace the hose and want to be sure I am clear with what is underneath to ensure unnecessary damage is avoided.

Click to view attachment
McMark
QUOTE(D1A3 @ May 7 2018, 12:04 AM) *

5/16" 30R9 Fuel Injection Hose from Gates or Continental. Best hose available right now because it's resistant to damage from some of the new gasoline additives. Older hose, especially the 'original' cloth covered hose degrades rather quickly in modern gas. Spend the money for quality fuel injection line.

It's NOT cheap. Buy it anyway.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2018, 09:50 AM) *
It's NOT cheap. Buy it anyway.

biggrin.gif
D1A3
Thank you! This really helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.