Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - [updated list] Bumpers, Axles, Alaskan Blue Hood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DBCooper
YES, still looking.

My son bought his first 914 and needs some miscellaneous parts to make it complete. We're in Central California, so if it's possible nearer is better so we could pick up big things like the hood and bumpers. He's on a pretty tight budget so can't afford concours quality, good shape is fine and cheaper is better.

This list was big, but we've found stuff (THANK y'all) and have whittled it down to just this:

[revised, current list on July 3rd]

1. Pair of early non-teat chrome bumpers, front and rear.
2. A decent Alaska Blue hood--can buy or will trade + cash. His is nice but has hood pins and he'd prefer one that's plain. If we can't find one to trade he'll fill in the holes and use his, but if we can find one it would be less work.
3. Some axle/CV assemblies. His car will have a Subaru WRX motor, so he'll be running serial tests of axle strength and will need spares.

Please PM with prices, if you could.

Thanks.
gms
QUOTE(DBCooper @ May 30 2013, 02:48 PM) *

My son bought his first 914 and needs some miscellaneous parts to make it complete. We're in Central California, so if it's possible nearer is better so we could pick up big things like the hood and bumpers. He's on a pretty tight budget so can't afford concours quality, good shape is fine and cheaper is better.

1. Heater controls, with the bezel, levers, cables, hoses, fan and air inlet box. (the dash and whole underhood behind the gas tank is bare, so we need it all)
2. Glove box insert (the "box") with the strap.
3. Side-shifter rear shift rod
4. Pair of early non-teat chrome bumpers, front and rear.
5. A decent Alaska Blue hood--will trade +cash. His is nice but has hood pins and he'd prefer one that's plain.
6. Upper rear trunk floor, from shock towers down to mid-trunk (not near tail-lights). Was cut out of his car, want to replace.

Please PM with prices, if you could.

Thanks.

what year is the car?
DBCooper
Sorry, it's a 1974.
JStroud
Today's your lucky day, I've got the side marker lights, rear shift rod, glove box, and upper trunk section. I don't want money, it's my hobby not a job. But I would like to meet you, and ask a bunch of questions about my upcoming Suby project, I understand you have some experience in this subject.

If the price is right, I'm about 50min. North of you off 99, and home most weekends....except this Sunday.

Jeff
DBCooper
Super. I'm retired so you can pick any day you like and I'll drive the teener up. Just let me know when and where. I'll PM a phone number and my e-mail address. Excellent, thanks.
DBCooper
OK, I got half the things on the list (thanks Jeff) but still need the rest. I revised the list in the first post so it's current, really just the heater/fresh air stuff, bumpers and an Alaskan blue hood left. Thanks again.
hot_shoe914
I wish I were in Ca, I have a spare Alaska blue hood with some minor hail damage. If you don't get the other stuff, I am sure I have it off my '73 parts car.

Shoe
DBCooper
Yeah. Unfortunately he needs cheap, and it would be killer to ship a hood and get it here without any more dents. I updated the list with what we still need. Thanks.
ConeDodger
I have a near perfect Diamond Silver Metallic hood but I would want $100 or so... smile.gif
DBCooper
Thanks Rob, but other than the holes his current hood is nearly perfect. If he has to repaint he can pretty easily fill in the holes in the current hood. I'm just trying to see if anyone has one already in that color to sell or trade, which would be even simpler than a repaint. So thanks again, but I think we'll just hold on.
Erben914
Hey DB
I have some of the fresh air parts if you are still looking.
I talked to Jeff today and he said you might want this. I don't have the bezel or faceplate tho sad.gif

Click to view attachment
DBCooper
Looks like it to me, although to tell you the truth all I've seen in my son's car is an empty space, so I'm not sure what-all's supposed to be there. How much do you want for it? PM me. Thanks.
Erben914
I just found the control levers that go in the dash too! piratenanner.gif
DBCooper
Wow. Most excellent. Now he has everything he needs to get the car going, and that's great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.