Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Filter Torque
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All, it's been awhile, but
As I'm (finally) puttin' stuff back together - I installed the oil filter base & it dawned on me that I don't want to 'eff it up by over-torquing the oil filter base fasteners. I searched my 914 manual for "specific" torque specs but came up with nothing. Right now, I have the oil filter base installed with new gasket, a 'lil permatex ultra black & torqued to 10fps. (120 in. lbs...) As for the cooler - it looks fragile. I don't want to over-torque the cooler either... Please help with torque values!!!
Thanks, wavey.gif wavey.gif wavey.gif
d7n7master
Doohhhh!!! & the torque value for the impeller housing?
Thanx, Gary
911/914gary
Call me at work tomorrow. I'll bring in my 914 Tech Spec booklet. It lists misc torque values for various key assemblies. We should be able to find a similar assembly. You should also find a value in the factory manual. If not we can refer to our DPS and design manual to come up with a safe value. Be sure to note the bolt size and material you are threading into.
TheCabinetmaker
Oil cooler-5ft-lbs
No torque on impeller housing. Make sure the slotted screws are good and tight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.