Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I need a place to park in South San Francisco
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Yopu and I are leaving on vacation tomorrow evening from SFO. I would imagine I would need a second job to pay for long-term parking at the airport. Does anyone know a cheap place to park in that area?

I forget who, but I parked at someone's house a few years back and took a taxi to and from the airport.

We will be gone about three weeks...
biosurfer1
It's $6.00/day at the Colma, South San Francisco, San Bruno and Millbrae BART parking lots. those lots don't have a 24-hour restriction.
r_towle
I find that it's sometimes cheaper and less stressful to get a car service to come get you at the house...and drive you home.

Logan airport is 35 buck per day, so a car service makes sense after a certain number of days.

Rich
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 30 2013, 05:48 PM) *

I find that it's sometimes cheaper and less stressful to get a car service to come get you at the house...and drive you home.

Logan airport is 35 buck per day, so a car service makes sense after a certain number of days.

Rich

Rich,
That's great Rich. Do you know of a car service that will drive us the 250 miles to the airport? sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 30 2013, 05:42 PM) *

It's $6.00/day at the Colma, South San Francisco, San Bruno and Millbrae BART parking lots. those lots don't have a 24-hour restriction.

I'll look in to that Brett... Thanks.
Krieger
Hey Rob. Sky Park is pretty good. I think $17 a day. Park n Fly is $14. Both really close to airport. Park n Fly doesn't have quite as many shuttle buses so you will wait getting back to your car. Going to the airport they are fairly prompt.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 30 2013, 05:58 PM) *

Hey Rob. Sky Park is pretty good. I think $17 a day. Park n Fly is $14. Both really close to airport. Park n Fly doesn't have quite as many shuttle buses so you will wait getting back to your car. Going to the airport they are fairly prompt.

I guess that isn't too bad. $238 for Park and Fly...
Krieger
If you set up an account you get something like a free day every 7 or 9 (I don't remember) Maybe you could work it so you get the free days on the end of your trip. Maybe don't prepay? Go to pnf.com and set it up.
SirAndy
There's plenty of nice hotels right next to the airport.

Get a friend to drive you guys down here a day early, get a hotel room and catch your your flight well rested the next morning.

Have the same friend pick you up when you return ...

popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2013, 06:51 PM) *

There's plenty of nice hotels right next to the airport.

Get a friend to drive you guys down here a day early, get a hotel room and catch your your flight well rested the next morning.

Have the same friend pick you up when you return ...

popcorn[1].gif

That's the arrangement we had. Yopu's friend backed out at 4 o'clock this afternoon and our flight is 10PM tomorrow. blink.gif
Mike Bellis
You could park in front of my shop in San Carlos (right across the street from Wevo) for free. Take a cab to the airport from there.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 30 2013, 08:55 PM) *

You could park in front of my shop in San Carlos (right across the street from Wevo) for free. Take a cab to the airport from there.

Cool! Get me an address!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 30 2013, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 30 2013, 08:55 PM) *

Cool! Get me an address!

Pm sent
ConeDodger
Got it thx...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.