Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replace your fuel filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
My injected 75 2.0L has been running like crap for the past few months. I replaced all the usual ignition parts, all fuel lines, gas tank, and fuel pump(had a spare). Still ran like crap. Every time I made a hard turn it stumbled for a few seconds, then ran fine. Made a trip to Okla City today and didn't think I was going to make it back. Just wouldn't go over 4K. Joseph222 asked about the filter and a light came on. 3 minutes to change it, and now she screams. smilie_pokal.gif When I took the filter off, I held it so the outlet side pointed down and no gas ran out. Turned it over and gas ran out along with 2 tablespoons of rust from the previous gas tank. The high pressure of the FI pump was the only thing keeping gas to the engine. I am amazed at the difference in the way the car runs now.

CHANGE YOUR FILTERS REGULARLY. Especially if you store the car for the winter. I know I will from now on.

Thanks Joseph.
Dave-O
agree.gif I had been having some fuel pressure issues. Pressure washed 3/4" of crap out of the bottom of the tank and replaced the filter. Back in business!

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.