Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Roof Rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bristol
I don't post here often, but I thought I'd share these photos. I get a kick out of how the car looks with so much junk strapped on top. I got a used, homemade roof rack a few weeks ago and finally got to put it to use today picking up a used crib and changing table for the latest addition to my family, my baby daughter Morgan Lotus Bristol.

The rack worked great and with the huge front and rear trunks my little 914 is extra practical now!

BTW - I'm joking about the baby's name. That was going to be her name if I had a girl, but we had a boy and he's named after me... boring, I know.

Kirk Bristol
TheCabinetmaker
I really wish I had not seen that.

Buy a truck poke.gif
carr914
Nothing wrong with hauling stuff in (or on) a 914! I've seen Christmas Trees, Surf Boards, Kayaks, Skis, Couchs.

Besides 914s have more storage room than any Sports Car I have ever seen!
Bristol
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 31 2013, 04:02 PM) *

Buy a truck poke.gif

I know... and I live in Texas, freakin' truck country!!! I have nine cars and just can't bring myself to buy a truck, especially since I only seem to really need one maybe three times a year. So I have been trying to find other ways around hauling stuff (like taking advantage of delivery deals). This rack will help me with bulky, but light items.

Also, we have a baby now, but no minivan for me. Check out the family hauler, these are pics of baby's first ride home. The Fabspeed exhaust bypass with no mufflers puts the baby right to sleep...

Kirk
pt_700
good on you, kirk!

get 'em started on the marque sickness early.

morgan works for boys too! old friend from little kid days was named morgan.
Porsche930dude
nice! could use a roof rack on my 911 but i seem to do alright just cramming stuff inside smile.gif
Valy
[Like]

I need one to carry my bike.
Can you post a picture of the front rack?

And congrats on the new son!
Bristol
QUOTE(Valy @ May 31 2013, 07:53 PM) *

[Like]

And congrats on the new son!

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow of the front rack. It just slides into two slots behind the front seal and then is held in there tight by the roof. This actually came with a standard bike mount, which is how I intend to use it in the future. I have some more work to do to it to modify it to my liking. It just came up on Craigslist for $100 and I snatched it up with the intention to use it as a base to build an even better rack from.

Kirk
johnpierre
congrats. ha ha ha...love that you are resisting the truuuu-uck
Bristol
QUOTE(Valy @ May 31 2013, 07:53 PM) *

[Like]

Pictures of the front rack and the mounting tabs.

Kirk
sixnotfour
Great Score some what unusual, and a lucky find...nice and congrats to the boy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.