Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I did on my Thanksgiving vacation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I needed to make a fast trip to reccue a suitable dorno car for our family project. My mon and dad went along because my wife and I figured we could not stand being shut in the car with our kids that long ohmy.gif We left Murphy Texas on Fri at 5:30 am and thus the saga begins.. My Dad was into the drive as you can see
spare time toys
On the way out we saw FAMOUS pepoel smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
We got to Costa Mesa and hooked up with Scott and went to get the car from its resting place
spare time toys
We checked her over and couldnt start it
spare time toys
No big dead we'll push it on the trailer laugh.gif We sorta got into a predicument. Half on and we ran out of push.
spare time toys
A little tug from Grandpas jeep and we are loaded
spare time toys
We got every thing strapped and headed out to the AX up in San Bernidino hope I spelled it ok. Saw Drifter make some runs smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
Nice looking Yellow
spare time toys
This one Gives me an idea for my windshield
spare time toys
Aaron gave me a quick ride in his. I enjoyed it beerchug.gif
spare time toys
Another one hiding with our stuff in the background
spare time toys
All too soon its time to gas up and head out of "SUNNY" Ca. rolleyes.gif
spare time toys
Whoa MAN this guys close
spare time toys
So much to see on this drive
spare time toys
Looks like DAD is enjoying it laugh.gif
spare time toys
Nice early morning gas stop in Pecos Texas
spare time toys
4 PM Sunday Home aktion035.gif
spare time toys
430 Hello little buddy meet your new friend You will get to be real close mueba.gif
GWN7
Notice how the 911 can't park between the lines?

wink.gif biggrin.gif
MattR
It was nice meeting you at the autox larry! Good luck on the project, and make sure to take plenty of pics!!!
TheCabinetmaker
Looks like a cool trip. Ain't it nice to meet good 914 folk?
Aaron Cox
cool meeting you at the AX, glad you enjoyed the short drive... beerchug.gif
Lou W
Looks like a fun trip, California's weather cleared up today, too bad you missed it biggrin.gif now what are you gonna do with the 928? huh.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(Lou W @ Nov 28 2004, 08:54 PM)
Looks like a fun trip, California's weather cleared up today, too bad you missed it biggrin.gif now what are you gonna do with the 928? huh.gif

Engine coming out and going into the red 914 in my avatar. With much help and advice from Rick. What I dont use is going to be sold to help pay for this.
Lou W
spare time toys Posted on Nov 28 2004, 06:11 PM
Engine coming out and going into the red 914 in my avatar
Great, Take lots of pictures smile.gif
rick 918-S
Glad to see you had a safe trip. You dad is so Hyper! happy11.gif Yes, take lots of pics. assimilate.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 28 2004, 10:16 PM)
You dad is so Hyper! happy11.gif

We like to think of him as Mr. Excitement. Youll get to see him when I bring the stuff up to you in late Jan. Im going to get the 928 to where it will start and run then Ill start to take it apart.
SLITS
Sorry I missed you Larry - both on the road from Tuscon biggrin.gif and at the AX. Glad your trip was uneventful.

The other 914 ('75-Blue) at the AX is Brandon's car - his girlfriend is cute though wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.