Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mine won't look like COTM but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyesright
Click to view attachment

...but thanks to PMB/Eric and the crew and the latest group buy, its taking shape. I got the front hubs on last weekend and hope to get after the rears this weekend. The wheels are 5 1/2x14 with some skinny 195 75 14 Goodyears. This will be a DD and cool driver to car shows and drive-ins. The engine is a 2.2 from a T.

BTW, I used the studs that came with the hubs for a lock nut set that I got from PP, but I have a good set of bolts I'll use for the other four holes on each wheel. Anybody see a problem with that?
rick 918-S
Nice! I see that your in Oklahoma. Hope you and yours are safe. unsure.gif
JmuRiz
If you we're fishing for compliments, it worked...looks darn nice to me!
eyesright
Yesterday I got the rear hubs off and old bearings out. This week I'll put new ones on and start on the brakes.
eyesright
This is a '70 914-4 that was a -6 conversion project when I got it. It was a really bad white respray over a red respray over original white. Since it was long past original, I decided to make it signal orange. Anyway, I found two types of rear hubs. Do I understand it right that the one hub was for a 4 bolt wheel and the other one has the extra bosses that could have been drilled for 4 or 5 bolt wheels at the factory? Somebody jump in here if that's not the right explaination. If that is right, those extra bosses don't seem to be as heavy as the 4 that were drilled.

These hubs will be in the mail tomarrow to PMB to wind up in someone else's 4 to 5 bolt conversion. This was the perfect solution to what I had in mind for this car. Thanks Eric and crew. (They will be a little cleaner when they go in the box.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.