Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor/Carborator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hine62
Any one using the SVDA 034 Vacuum/Centrifugal Distributor with a single carb setup?

I have a 1.8. I thought this may be a good short term upgrade. The FI did not come with car.

hine62
McMark
I'm sure someone is or has. What's the real question? wink.gif
rhodyguy
if the Ljet dist came with the car use that rather than buying a new one. no need for vacuum advance. securely block any vacuum port on the carb.
Mark Henry
I agree with Rich, the L-jet Dizzy is a better unit.
I would dump the single carb and get a good set of 40mm webers or return to FI (L-jet or an aftermarket system).
Hine62
I thought about the aftermarket F/I. What kind could I put on? I assume it would be a single throttle setup.

hine62
rhodyguy
is your engine a stock 1.8? a complete Ljet package would be the way to go. new fuel pump, vacuum lines, disposables, and a second hand hardware package. you would try to buy the whole (known working order when removed) package from one person. they're out there. cheaper than mega squirt and everything that that would require. other aftermarket FI packages can cost a small fortune.

k
Hine62
The engine is stock except the F/I and distributor have been removed/changed. There are no parts remaining, every thing would have to be replaced including the computer. It looks like I'll try to go aftermarket F/I once I get the car back together. It does run on the single carb, just not good enough for me.

Any suggestions on an after market F/I system?

hine62
r_towle
There is no easier FI system than the stock one, and none cheaper.

Post a WTB in the classifieds, put a system together, it will be worth the effort.

Dual webers is the only other suggestion I would make.
A used setup, linkage and all should be 500 - 700 bucks.

A used FI should be much cheaper to buy....
There were tons of these cars and the FI systems survived the rust.

Rich
rhodyguy
web search Jenvey(sp) throttle bodies, simple digital systems. bring time, money, and experience.

if you should shop for a stock Ljet setup ensure the fi harness is compatible with the metering box. 2 dif versions.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Hine62 @ May 31 2013, 09:16 PM) *

Any one using the SVDA 034 Vacuum/Centrifugal Distributor with a single carb setup?

I have a 1.8. I thought this may be a good short term upgrade. The FI did not come with car.

hine62

Another egregious use of the word "upgrade". Of ALL the things a single conversion is, none of them very good, "upgrade" is so far down the list it's in a different book.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.