Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new DD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
I usually buy a couple 914’s a year as project cars. This year, I received this car in trade from an Oklahoma customer for work on his other car, an exceptionally nice ’70 we upgraded to ’73 2.0 specs.
This car had set disassembled for 15 years but is very solid with original paint (needs repaint) and many new parts. Copper is a fairly rare, 1 year only, and the white interior sets this car apart. Michael, who works with me in the shop says he wouldn’t take out the garbage in a car with white interior but I think it’s cool. Hop in it after it has set in the sun for a while and you would see what I mean. It also has dealer installed AC. I worked at a Porsche dealer in the 70’s and I HATED to chop up a brand new 914 to install AC. I’m not going to remove it on this one and I have already told Garold I will be coming to his August 10th cook out in an air conditioned 914.
It is still a work in progress but there are a couple things I like about this car: it is one of very few 914’s I’ve owned that doesn’t leak a drop in the rain, and it doesn’t have a single rattle which is not so rare but very much enjoyed. It is also one of the 914’s that all the driver’s controls work as they should and it brings a smile every time I drive it. If you’re in the area, stop by and take it for a drive, even if it’s on a 100 degree day! Brad
rick 918-S
That white interior! wub.gif
billh1963
Very nice!
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 1 2013, 09:13 AM) *

That white interior! wub.gif

agree.gif
pcar916
That interior would be off-white in a hurry around my place. beerchug.gif
orthobiz
Is that a 2.0 or a 1.8?

Paul
snakemain
Can't wait to see it! Hopefully I'll be driving my own 914 up in August if the stars align perfectly. smile.gif
r_towle
You are now done, stop buying 914,s......you found it.
aircooledtechguy
Very nice find!! Congrats!!

For the record: Copper Metallic 1975s are the fastest, coolest and most desirable of ALL 914s. . . 'Least that's what I've heard anyway. . . beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Nice Brad. smilie_pokal.gif
BajaXJ92
wub.gif

I have a thing for white interior!

You even have the correct "oatmeal" carpet! beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
aktion035.gif I have seen this car in person and have ha d a ride. It is a nice car and rides great. Looking forward to seeing it again in August or maybe sooner. shades.gif
sean_v8_914
lovely in white.
i could never own that.
scotty b
I wouldn't take the trash out in that car either. The interior would be ruined unsure.gif
914ltd
This is a 2.0 car. I installed a 75 2.0 engine that had set around the shop for a while. I am doing a top end on the original engine because the P.O. did new P+C's
with BUS pistons, really low compression with 2.0 heads. No sway bars but soon to be added. Unfortunately the carpet is aftermarket. I owned a white interior 75 1.8 a few decades ago but I don't remember the carpet, does anybody know if the original carpet was tan or white??
GeorgeRud
I actually like the white interior because it won't get too hot when left in the sun. Only wish they would have made the dash available to match the seats, not the usual black.

Looking forward to seeing it in person! I'm sure Brad will have it running great!
jim_hoyland
Welcome to the copper 914 club.
PanelBilly
Funny to see a rubber bumper on a 70
dlkawashima
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 1 2013, 07:12 PM) *

Funny to see a rubber bumper on a 70

blink.gif

Uh, it's a '75, not a '70.
ezbngreen914
nice!
PancakePorsche
Awesome color combo. Best combination on a 75 I have ever seen. I wish my 76 Ancona blue car came with white interior.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 1 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Unfortunately the carpet is aftermarket. I owned a white interior 75 1.8 a few decades ago but I don't remember the carpet, does anybody know if the original carpet was tan or white??

Are you sure its aftermarket?

Do you have a closer shot of it?

My '75 had white/oatmeal carpet that was the original carpet..... idea.gif
billh1963
The white on white '75 I sold (that originally came from sunab914) had an oatmeal color carpet
r_towle
I would not go for a linen carpet....
My 911 has the linen interior with a linen carpet.
I am a grubby guy.

Seats etc do stay clean.
Carpet, no....

I like the oatmeal color you have, it hides the dirt well.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.