Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans Drain Plug Magnet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
Sooo.....pulled the drain plug on Kermee's transmission (901) & look what I found on the magnet....
Tell me that it's within normal range and I should drive it like I stole it or not??? I'm really wanting to do a Trackdaze event at VIR next weekend, but hmmmmm.....
Opinions??
Mark Henry
Those shavings all come off of the dog teeth and sliders, they are the wear parts of the tranny. As long as it is shifting OK it's fine, when you start grinding into gears it's time to replace (tranny rebuild) those parts.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 1 2013, 03:07 PM) *

Those shavings all come off of the dog teeth and sliders, they are the wear parts of the tranny. As long as it is shifting OK it's fine, when you start grinding into gears it's time to replace (tranny rebuild) those parts.

Sure enough, what looked like spikes of metal turned to mush as soon as I touched them....not a single piece of metal of any size there.....the filings just line up on the magnet looking like big chuncks but are really just microscopic in size. Looks like VIR is in my sights....yeehaaa!
Dr Evil
Shut up, Mark mad.gif

That is not normal, I need some cash for my various hobbies, so you should send it to me to be rebuilt wink.gif

JK, it is totally normal.
bulitt
Is it a Porsche DE? looks like an Ariel Atom event???
wndsrfr
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jun 2 2013, 03:22 AM) *

Is it a Porsche DE? looks like an Ariel Atom event???

Here's the link...they're doing advanced stuff on Friday, then a DE on Sat/Sun on the full course....not a PCA event, lots of marques will be present. I did one of their events at Summit Point & it was great....extended passing is one of the main differences from PCA "rules", otherwise very much the same.

https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php/events/...7/June-VIR-2013

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.