Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can You Spot My Trans Problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iiibdsiil
Okay, so I pulled my trans as suggested, and I am feeling like an idiot. I don't see anything wrong, and I was so sure rolleyes.gif it being a trans problem, I pulled it out. Anyways, don't know how to check a CV joint (help wanted) and my wheel bearings seemed fine.

Anyways, here are pictures, I will number them, and if you want a bigger picture, I will email to ya.

I am thinking something is just out of adjustment.

Original problem:

Right rear wheel would freeze up, I believed to be differential problem. Both in neutral, out of neutral, car free moving, motor pushing car.

Oh, and I am glad I pulled the trans even if it wasn't the problem, look at it! It's a mess.

PLEASE HELP!
iiibdsiil
Two
iiibdsiil
Three
iiibdsiil
Four
iiibdsiil
Five
Aaron Cox
i hope you know how it goes back together wacko.gif happy11.gif
914GT
I assume that you checked the right rear brake caliper first?
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2004, 10:40 PM)
i hope you know how it goes back together wacko.gif happy11.gif

Uh... Opposite of taking it apart right?

Nah, I know someone that can do it, just doesn't have the slightest idea what he is really doing, he can just do it.

I didn't until after I pulled the trans headbang.gif but the wheel spins fine.

I can figure out the pattern to when it locks up, although it seems like it won't make more than 6 wheel rotations without it locking up confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
I sure hope you saved the intermediate plate gaskets so you could measure them together. This sets the final depth on the R+P.

I wouldnt have pulled it apart. I would have diconnected the CV joint from the trans and tried to push the car around. It could be anything.

B
Dr Evil
Paging Dr. Red-beard, we have a future patient for you rolleyes.gif There are ways to remedy this situation. Your break lines may be deteriorating in the inside causing them to act like a check valve.

Good god, clean the inside of your tranny.
Bleyseng
Since you have it apart......
Put in new 1st and 2nd gear synchros
Install all new seals

check the bearings for wear and replace if out of spec

Geoff
DJsRepS
Good advice I need 1st and 2ng rings in mine. From the looks of those pics I wouldnt even want to go there.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(914GT @ Nov 28 2004, 11:43 PM)

My thoughts exactly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.