Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 26th Annual Stoddard Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Who's going?

See you there?

http://www.stoddard.com/index.php/Werkstat.../post/swapmeet/
mr914
50/50 chance for me coming from Detroit.

I've got a complete 6 conversion kit to sell. Motor has one dead cylinder.

Plus boxes of other stuff.

Anyone else from the Detroit Metro area going? Setting up a vendor area?
Harpo
Tempting, that is only 3.5 hrs from Detroit If My new engine is not hear next weekend I will most likely go.

DAvid
GaroldShaffer
Yep - Spaces 22+24 are mine.
Eric_Shea
In Nebraska. Bob, let me know if you need more corn pics.
reharvey
Just an hours drive for me. I'll be there!
GaroldShaffer
Packing the truck, just might need to put the trailer on to bring everything I want to bring. blink.gif
peteyd
We'll be there too. Leaving this afternoon!
Eric_Shea
Some shots from today:

IPB Image

Had to get the dumpster in there for Rob. Wouldn't be complete without a garbage can:
IPB Image

914 caliper front and center:
IPB Image

Rows of amazing Porsche's:
IPB Image

And some VW's...
IPB Image

Best of all, a VW won first place! biggrin.gif
IPB Image
Harpo
Eric is that yours?
Eric_Shea
Si Amigo...
sixnotfour
Is that a frisbee ???

Congrats, see all that estrogen, has helped..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2013, 12:33 PM) *

Some shots from today:

IPB Image

Had to get the dumpster in there for Rob. Wouldn't be complete without a garbage can:
IPB Image

914 caliper front and center:
IPB Image

Rows of amazing Porsche's:
IPB Image

And some VW's...
IPB Image

Best of all, a VW won first place! biggrin.gif
IPB Image

biggrin.gif
SKL1
I see you made it. No wonder my son loved your 914!

Thanks again for the personal delivery... smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Made it indeed.

Big shout out "Thanks" to Brad and Garold for helping me load the unicorn back in the trailer. This solo trip is tiring. yawn.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Kudos, well done, and out-friggen-standing Eric. thumb3d.gif clap56.gif

Not only is your effort and car most worthy, but it is truly a STANDOUT in a row of getting-to-be-look-alike-boring-ass draggers. (sorry, 911 folks, but 911s are becoming a little to ordinary and commonplace nowadays).

Paul
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2013, 07:04 PM) *

Made it indeed.

Big shout out "Thanks" to Brad and Garold for helping me load the unicorn back in the trailer. This solo trip is tiring. yawn.gif

Probably is tiring E, but I'd skedaddle home if I were you... V just posted a pic of N WITH HER BOYFRIEND!!! blink.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Rob... At the airport now. CLE to ATL to SLC. mad.gif

Thanks Paul... Didn't see you there (or did I?). sad.gif
Krieger
smilie_pokal.gif Great job Eric!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2013, 10:04 PM) *

Made it indeed.

Glad to help. Your car is awesome. Safe travel my friend. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Can you tell us where you left your 914 ??

Good Job Eric..
euro911
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jun 8 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Kudos, well done, and out-friggen-standing Eric. thumb3d.gif clap56.gif

Not only is your effort and car most worthy, but it is truly a STANDOUT in a row of getting-to-be-look-alike-boring-ass draggers. (sorry, 911 folks, but 911s are becoming a little to ordinary and commonplace nowadays).

Paul
Nice take home, Eric first.gif

I would hope that early SWB 911s still garner the respect they deserve confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
Can you tell us where you left your 914 ??

Yes, left it with Fred Baker's (3x SCCA National) ex-crew chief. That's all I'm say'in. It should be firing on all 12 plugs come Parade. biggrin.gif

I would hope that early SWB 911s still garner the respect they deserve confused24.gif

I think it was "different" which is my guess as to why it won. There were a ton of really nice 911's there, a lot of late model stuff and... simply "try" to imagine all of the cool 356's that would haunt a "Stoddard" swap meet; then times it by ten! Line them up together and each one becomes a "white one" or a "blue one" or a "red one". There were about 1/2 dozen 914's there but none prepped in GT trim and almost all of the other were drivers. The nicest 914 there was Mark Taylor's "preservation" 1974 in the same color. We put them across from one another in the concours. Afterward we parked them side by side and took some pictures for the Stoddard catalog, web site and newsletter.
reharvey
Eric's car stood out in the crowd and got lots of attention. Check out the camera mount on the BRG car. They had great weather for this event and a good turnout. The best part for me was being able to talk with all the 914 guys that were there! Ray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.