Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project is now done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
Well, you probably saw pics earlier this year of our midwest version of an organ donation of an interior from one /6 to another. The graft recipient survived, after many weekly transfusions. My heartfelt thanks to good and tireless buddy Gary, as scrub team Keith, Tom and Glenn. Couldnt have done it without you guys. Yes, I'm done (for now) and very pleased. What follows are before and after pics.
-hawk
BEFORE
Hawk
And AFTER
Hawk
another
Bleyseng
nice!!! How did you do it??
Hawk
oops forgot to add pic
Brad Roberts
WOW. What a change. The Brown/Tan interiors are really growing on me.

Looks great. Good job (all) clap56.gif

B
Hawk
Final with rechromed bumper (after waiting 16 weeks)
Aaron Cox
beautiful car! i liked the 1st interior better....both look extremely nice!
this is the [BLUE 6] <-- license plate
right?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 20 2003, 04:51 PM)
WOW. What a change. The Brown/Tan interiors are really growing on me.

Looks great. Good job (all) clap56.gif

B

sinve there groein on ya....you want to take mine off my hands? set of doorpanels and backapd--see the classifieds!
Hawk
How did I do it. I took some very experienced guides on this trip. With one great buddy, 3 very good new buddies, alot of skin donated from knuckles and of course some $$$.
No, honestly- we removed an entire dash without flaws and replaced that. Then had an authentic beige interior repaired and 'refreshed' the color. Added original tan felt carpeting. Added original leather steering wheel, shift knob, flawless gages, knob bezels, heated back window. Rechromed 2 bumpers, replaced one bumper pad. Replaced hood springs, adjusted engine lid tension, drilled and installed passenger side mirror, installed an original early rear view mirror. Redid the Fuchs wheels. Then suddenly it was the month of May. And now its time to drive!!
Brad Roberts
So.. I know it wasnt Tom who stuck his fingers under the dashpod to get too the twin plastic nuts under the steel frame (they are a b-i-t-X-h) You cant see them.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. why dont we get "update" pics from you guy's when your working on the cars ?? 3 people ?? NO camera (highly unlikey)

B
72Signal914
I wanna re-upholster my interior so its all black/orange. I think that wouls be sweet cool.gif
72Signal914
Looking at the one interior picture, what is that box looking thing by the passenger foot area???? confused24.gif
Hawk
That's a footrest that came with the early cars. The footwell is longer than the later, cars, the passenger seat is fixed and this nifty device afforded the passenger some meaure of comfort. Try buying one today and see what inflation has done to the price!
72Signal914
I like the roominess of the passenger side, you could practically curl up and sleep down there or....... mueba.gif
Jeroen
Very nice and clean looking car
The blue/tan color combo is a good choice!

cheers,

Jeroen
krk
Hawk,

That interior looks tight! Nice work.

The bumper is awesome. If I can ask, what was the bumper rechroming charge? (I have one coming in my future)

kim.
vinceinhiding
very very nice. i cant wait till the time comes when i can work the interior of my car clap56.gif
vw505
sweet ,i can see the grass in your bumper. nice chrome beer.gif
Hawk
A rechromed bumper here in Michigan was $330. Repair work to remove dings was additional, about another $70 on this front bumper.
Yes, this car is the BLUE 6 plate.
TJB/914
Here's the rear of Doc's Blue-6. Rear bumper chrome looks like the front.
Qarl
I got a woody!

Nice job!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 20 2003, 05:10 PM)
So.. I know it wasnt Tom who stuck his fingers under the dashpod to get too the twin plastic nuts under the steel frame (they are a b-i-t-X-h) You cant see them.

B

'fraid so tongue.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 20 2003, 05:11 PM)
Oh.. why dont we get "update" pics from you guy's when your working on the cars ?? 3 people ?? NO camera (highly unlikey)

B

Back in mid winter. Outside temp in single digits, inside temp only slightly higher
Curvie Roadlover
and
Curvie Roadlover
lastly, BBS supporter Mr. 914 with the drill, Hawk with the WD40
Curvie Roadlover
Hawk, your car looks fabulous!!! aktion035.gif It was the nicest non-red car there sunday smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
Hawk, your car is an inspiration. I have an Irish green six that I plan to restore next winter. Original interior is tan. After learning that tan basket weave is NLA I was planning to change to black. Seeing your tan interior has changed my mind. Who needs basket weave!
Hawk
I saw an Irish green/beige 914/6 at AA this past April and that's a fine combo. Dont despair on giving up on basket weave, Ive learned how easily you can make a black vinyl part any color you want. Black to beige should be no problem with the proper spray and technique. I didnt do my interior refreshening but seeing how its done, I wouldnt hesitate to try it myself. Good luck.
And thanks for all the kudos guys! Makes the arduous process worthwhile when those who know these cars can appreciate it.
-hawk
watsonrx13
Great job Hawk.

B, you want pics, I'm in the process of redoing the fuel delivery system, move fuel pump to front trunk, POR the fuel tank, replace the plastic fuel lines in the center tunnel with aluminium lines and fix the dual weber 40s. Stay tuned, I'll be posting pics and questions.

Again, fantastic car Hawk.
Lawrence
Truly gorgeous work... What did you do with the old interior? It looks to be in great shape.

-Rusty
Hawk
Ive acquired 3 interiors now- saving them for my next projects. This is addictive. wacko.gif
I do have a late model black complete one with dash I would let go though.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. Mr. Chambers got to the Irish Green car before I did (phone messages from the seller wherent making it to me (human error..not on my part) I think the Green car will be a good restoration project. So.. what happened to the 6 that you guy'd where pulling the parts out of ??

B
Hawk
Hi Brad,
That 6 (number 269 if I remember correctly) is now in the hands of your BBS member Mr. 914. Its on a rotisserie for a full barbecue and dressing to take care of a minor case of 'cancer'. We hope to see it running later this fall. I think you might have gotten out the sawzall for her but we tend to resurrect the dead here in the rustbelt. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.