Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking over my project intro.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914boy
Hello all,

Most if you who hangs here on a daily basis can't miss my Dad here 914itis. We have been working together for the last few years restoring our 914s.
Last month, we divided that I should take over my project. I will turn 16 September 14 (9/14) my plan is to have the car at least drivable by my 16th bday.

The car is green, 1970. it was running dual webbers. We decided to convert it back to fuel injection. A nice member here donated a full system.
Las week I started by installing the intakes, plenum.

This weekend I removed the gas tank, moved the fuel pump to the front and installed stainless fuel lines.

I will keep posting as I go along.

I will be posting some parts in the classified that my dad gave me so I can fund this project.

914boy
More
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
malcolm2
Dude, you have to be more careful...1 jack stand and 2 landscape blocks is a bad way to work under any car. You want to see 16, right? Great to hear you like working on cars, but be safe...safer!
914boy
Thanks, there is actually another jack Stand on the other side.
laflaur
Welcome,
PLease post more photos,there is a wealth of knowledge here.
If English is your second language,we have many foriegn members'
who can help.
Nice car
euro911
Cool. Hope you get it going before 9/14.

You're missing a shoe lace poke.gif

welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png Keep posting! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

There are 24 hours in a day. You can make it! assimilate.gif
JoeSharp
welcome.png
abnrdo
welcome.png

Love the green!!
914boy
Thanks dude sunglasses.gif
mepstein
Great project and terrific birth date. I'm sure your dad planned it that way.
Let me know if you need any parts. If I have them, there yours, $n/c.

PS - the guys are right about jacking up the car. You really can't have too much safety when your under the car.
billh1963
When you are 16 you think you are immortal.... I remember those days! laugh.gif

There is nothing wrong with safety. I am doing some work on my TR6. Notice the weight is being supported by two jack stands on each side (the ratchet stands have pins) with a back up jack stand on each side as well as ramps under each wheel PLUS I have a jack under each side just snugged against the frame. Paranoid?... Maybe.

Click to view attachment
914boy
Thanks ill be sure to be more safe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.