Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbs vs. EFI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Ah yes, the endless debate.. Pros..cons.. both sides have them..

I do believe this pro outweighs any cons that may come with carbs. Sure they can be a pain, but isn't this worth it...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqYdAVjuaws
Mike Bellis
Love that sound! wub.gif

You can make a custom EFI system that runs better and sounds just like that...
JamesM
No?
JamesM
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 2 2013, 08:51 PM) *

Love that sound! wub.gif

You can make a custom EFI system that runs better and sounds just like that...

agree.gif what he said
Hine62
Is this a single carb setup? And what distributor are you running?

hine62
JawjaPorsche
Interesting perspective! Thanks for sharing! beerchug.gif
monkeyboy
Actually, I am tiring of all that noise... Once I swap out my Dellortos for throttle bodies, I am going to start looking into building an intake to quiet it up a bit.

I'm getting old, and I drive mine on the freeway every day.
'73-914kid
QUOTE(Hine62 @ Jun 3 2013, 03:43 AM) *

Is this a single carb setup? And what distributor are you running?

hine62

Nope, it's a dual Weber setup. The back of the camera is right up against the driver side intake. And the distributor is a Mallory unilite.

And I drive mine on the freeway every day too. This is the nice side of the noise, the cabin drone can get bad but I guess that's what earplugs are for poke.gif

In all honesty though, I'm still working on designing/ manufacturing a cheaper quiet intake system.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jun 3 2013, 07:39 AM) *

Actually, I am tiring of all that noise... Once I swap out my Dellortos for throttle bodies, I am going to start looking into building an intake to quiet it up a bit.

I'm getting old, and I drive mine on the freeway every day.

I understand the getting old part. I use these.
rjames
I can't imagine driving with earplugs. I'm thankful the guy that almost backed in to me the other day didn't have earplugs in and he was able to hear me blasting on the horn ans stop before he crashed into me.

Rand
QUOTE(Hine62 @ Jun 3 2013, 03:43 AM) *

Is this a single carb setup?

hine62

huh.gif
Rand
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 3 2013, 12:07 PM) *

I can't imagine driving with earplugs. I'm thankful the guy that almost backed in to me the other day didn't have earplugs in and he was able to hear me blasting on the horn ans stop before he crashed into me.

Driving with earplugs proves you are a retard.

Do the intelligent people really need to spell it out?
SirAndy
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 2 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I do believe this pro outweighs any cons that may come with carbs.

Nope. My FI engine sounds better than that. biggrin.gif

And i seconds the earplugs. Any trip longer than 1 hour is painful without them.
driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 3 2013, 12:14 PM) *
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 3 2013, 12:07 PM) *

Driving with earplugs proves you are a retard. Do the intelligent people really need to spell it out?

My earplugs do not filter out the sound of my horn or sirens from a cop/ambulance.
They only muffle the low end noise of the engine.

Without them, i would not be able to stand driving my car for more than 1 hour at most.
driving.gif
damesandhotrods
The civilized world, except for NASCAR left carbs behind ages ago. Carburetors should be banished the domain of the concours crowd.
Rand
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2013, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 2 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I do believe this pro outweighs any cons that may come with carbs.

Nope. My FI engine sounds better than that. biggrin.gif

And i seconds the earplugs. Any trip longer than 1 hour is painful without them.
driving.gif

Earplugs are an impairment! Why would you dumb yourself?

I learned that when a factory failure let a rod go. If I wasn't audio blinded I could have saved that engine. Lesson learned.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 3 2013, 12:19 PM) *
Earplugs are an impairment. I learned that when a factory failure let a rod go. I wasn't audio blinded I could have saved that engine.

Then you're using the wrong type of earplugs ...
shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Jun 3 2013, 11:17 AM) *

The civilized world, except for NASCAR left carbs behind ages ago. Carburetors should be banished the domain of the concours crowd.

av-943.gif Did you really say civilized and NASCAR in the same sentence??? lol-2.gif
monkeyboy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2013, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 3 2013, 12:19 PM) *
Earplugs are an impairment. I learned that when a factory failure let a rod go. I wasn't audio blinded I could have saved that engine.

Then you're using the wrong type of earplugs ...
shades.gif

Exactly. I use them on longer trip. They work on certain frequencies more than others. You can still hear everything, but it's cut back a bit. Keeps the wind noise from causing your ears to ring after a long drive.

It's worth it to keep the roof off on longer drives, but I am actively trying to make the car quieter as well.
gandalf_025
Has anyone seen this yet ????

http://videos2view.net/more-power.htm

Sorry, could,'t help it...
vw_porsche
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jun 6 2013, 06:48 AM) *

Has anyone seen this yet ????

http://videos2view.net/more-power.htm

Sorry, could,'t help it...

lol-2.gif
Love it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.