Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automotion Rebuilt Injectors - 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC Johnson
Greetings!

Now that I have all my new fuel lines in place on my '76, I find I have two leaking injectors. Of course they are the infamous green top 2.0 injectors that seem to be in short supply for anything resembling a reasonable price.

With that, has anyone had experience with the rebuilt injectors listed on the Automotion site, or anywhere else for that matter?

I have a WTB in the classifieds to see what may turn up, but would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks

Tom
MartyYeoman
I just had a set of four injectors cleaned and tested at FIC (Fuel Injection Corp)
They're located in Livermore CA. Good service, Reasonable price, I'd use them again..
Here is their website: "www.fuelinjectioncorp.com"
Scott S
I would not go to Automotion for anything. After being purchased, their level of knowledge has gone to near zero.
JawjaPorsche
I have ordered several things from Automotion. Never had a problem with them until I ordered some rebuilt injectors. When they arrived, they were someone's cores and not rebuilt injectors! I assume what happen was when someone send in their cores, they were placed in restock because they used the same box that the rebuilt injectors came in. Someone did not open the box to see if they were rebuilt injectors or cores. Anyway, I contacted Automotion and they said someone will contact me. They never called back. After several calls, I finally got them to take back the cores. I told them not to send me their rebuilts. I sent my injectors to Witchhunter and they rebuilt them for half of what Automotion charged. I did not get a credit until I had to call several times too!

Hopefully this was an aberration because I never had a problem with Automotion before. I will order from them again but not injectors.
TC Johnson
Jawja,

Did Witchhunter actually rebuild them or just clean and test them? Were the ones you sent leakers? That is my issue.

Also, what was their turn around time?

Thanks

Tom

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 3 2013, 12:13 PM) *

I have ordered several things from Automotion. Never had a problem with them until I ordered some rebuilt injectors. When they arrived, they were someone's cores and not rebuilt injectors! I assume what happen was when someone send in their cores, they were placed in restock because they used the same box that the rebuilt injectors came in. Someone did not open the box to see if they were rebuilt injectors or cores. Anyway, I contacted Automotion and they said someone will contact me. They never called back. After several calls, I finally got them to take back the cores. I told them not to send me their rebuilts. I sent my injectors to Witchhunter and they rebuilt them for half of what Automotion charged. I did not get a credit until I had to call several times too!

Hopefully this was an aberration because I never had a problem with Automotion before. I will order from them again but not injectors.

JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(TC Johnson @ Jun 3 2013, 05:08 PM) *

Jawja,

Did Witchhunter actually rebuild them or just clean and test them? Were the ones you sent leakers? That is my issue.

Also, what was their turn around time?

Thanks

Tom

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 3 2013, 12:13 PM) *

They were NOT leaking. They clean them and tested them. I think it was at the time $20 per injector and they did not charge if they could not make it whole. Turn around was one week.

Maybe somebody on this forum has some green ones that you can send to be cleaned and tested.

Put a WTB on the parts page.

Good Luck.

Terry
Tom_T
Fuel Injection in Livermore CA is good.

Try Rich Bontempi at HPH in SF Bay area for some new ones (NOS).
TC Johnson
I will keep this in mind, but fortunately I have a pair of injectors on their way, thanks to 914itis. I expect they will do the trick.

Thanks

Tom

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 4 2013, 07:52 AM) *

Fuel Injection in Livermore CA is good.

Try Rich Bontempi at HPH in SF Bay area for some new ones (NOS).

SLITS
Nobody "rebuilds" injectors ... at one time, Python Injection supposedly had the molds to make the new tops but sealing them was a problem.

The rebuilders that I know of do the following:

Check them for ohms (ensures the solenoid is good .. if not they get tossed)

Remove the micro inlet screen and maybe media blast the exterior

Place them on a machine and run cleaning fluid through them for 24 hours.

Flow / pressure test units (check rate of flow, spray pattern and leakage ..If they leak, they are tossed.)

Place new micro screen in inlet and new pintle caps on.

Put 'em in a box and ship them.

jmalone
I just had a set serviced by Witchhunter. One them was leaking and they repaired the leak. They stamped each injector with a # and told me the # of the one repaired. ( They did note that they would not gaurantee the repair, fair since they did not charge extra for it anyway)

I recomend them!
Kraftwerk
One of my injectors is leaking looks like the black tip is cracked (The part that is inside the engine ) I read here of a guy repairing one of these with string and epoxy.. worth a try...
timothy_nd28
+1 for WitchHunter
914_teener
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 4 2013, 12:43 PM) *

One of my injectors is leaking looks like the black tip is cracked (The part that is inside the engine ) I read here of a guy repairing one of these with string and epoxy.. worth a try...

Not worth it if it fails and starts a fire.

+2 on Witchunter
DRPHIL914
last year i bought 4 brand new ones from Otto's Venice, when i called to order them, as i had heard he had a bunch guess who answered the phone?! had a half hour conversation with him, as he asked about my 914's history etc. as it turns out my problem was a bad ground and my previous injectors that had been cleaned etc were fine. I don't know the status of that shop since his passing but maybe someone here could tell you if it is still in business. At the time he said he had over a hundered more in stock. I think i paid about $350 for all 4.

i did also have some i received from Automotion, never had an issue with them but i would NEVER trust them with an MPS!!!! i sent one in , they were supposed to send me one back, i called first to make sure they had one in stock(rebuilt) and they said they did. 2 months later, no MPS. , another call, i was told it would "be a few weeks", a month later, still no MPS- ended up getting my $$ refunded back for what i paid, AND had to fight them for additional $$ since they still had mine i had sent in. - (sorry for the rant)

Phil
OU8AVW
PM me, I have a full set of green tops that were in my car. I know one leaks but the other three were ok. I was able to buy six NOS green tops so I might be talked out of two of those as well. My plan is to send the even the new ones out to Witchhunter for calibration. If I get your message today I can dig them out tonight but tomorrow I'm offshore on a sailboat race for a few days so it would be late next week before I get to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.