Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail light lens gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I swore somebody was making the white gasket that fits onto the tail light lens (lens to tail light housing). But even when I search, I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
JawjaPorsche
Here you go:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Tail-Li...1463193900.html
Dave_Darling
At one point, that outfit was sending a length of the gasket that holds screens into their frames as the gasket for the lens... I don't know if that's what they have now, but I recall at least one person posting about that.

You might give that a try; it's quite cheap at your local hardware store.

--DD
Rob-O
Thanks DD. I thought PP had this stuff at one point, but couldn't find it on the website. I'm sure you would've mentioned it as well if it were.

I'll try the screen door material first, then go the AA route if needed. The link that JawjaPorsche has above shows a picture of the material. It doesn't look like screen material in the pic, but AA can be like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
914Sixer
914 Rubber.com
Dave_Darling
Actually, I'm not at all tied into the sales end of things. Give Glenn Sager a call. He's one of our sales guys, a really good guy, and a 914-er besides. (He's the Glenn of "Ron and Glenn's swap meet".)

Or call Mikey, as Mark mentioned.

--DD
Rob-O
I'll check Mikey, but I looked on his site before I posted because I *thought* that was where I saw the gaskets. But I don't see them on his site, just the gasket/seal between the tail light housing and the body of the car.
brant
Mark,

if your reading along...
I need a pair of these also
any chance 914 rubber has them?
DEC
thats a moss rubber cord

I think Mark can do this really sure
Mikey914
I can get you some in a few days when I'm back in. I don't have it at the shop so my assistant will not be able to ship. I will add it to the website now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.