Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compufire crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Just a bunch of crap. Against my better judgement I pulled out my points and put the Compufire module in the yellow car. Tried to tune it to but set timing and all that. CAr had poor power wouldn't idle and all the rest.
Put points back in set everything AGAIN. runs great.

Just for grins I put the dwell meter on the Compufire and it was over 67 degrees!!! Hmm whats up with that? Talking it over with the guys at work one Electrical engineer asked what kind of wores you running? Well I have solid core no resistor.

So will that make a difference?
SLITS
Check for interference between the rotor and compufire module - I put a rotor in mine that was not Bosch and it rubbed creating a fine dust that drove the module crazy.

The wores (wires) would only have an effect if they were high resistance.

What coil were you running?

Yeh! I jerked it out and threw it away and put in a Crane/Allison optical.
Rgreen914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 29 2004, 05:34 AM)

Check for interference between the rotor and compufire module - I put a rotor in mine that was not Bosch and it rubbed creating a fine dust that drove the module crazy.

I put a Compufire module in the stock distributor (1.7) and it seems to run just fine but the Bosch rotor was too tall and made the cap "dance" as the rotor spun. I contacted Compufire and they admitted that sometimes, the rotors have to be filed down because they can interfere with their moldule!

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.