Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay, what is this for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meursault
Some mental masturbation here. I'm thinking of running oil lines down the side of this car, but this piece of sheetmetal is in my way. Wondering if I can just cut it out or if it actually does something...
meursault
Here's the big picture. And yes, I mangled those rear quarters. I was determined to run those 7x16s on the car and I did some late night baseball batting on the side of the road to try to end the rubbing. Still not gone...
meursault
oh yeah, the picture...
72Signal914
You people piss me off with your 914's and your European Tailights

AHHHHHHHH, I'm going nuts, I want a set NOWWWWWWWW!!!!

Sorry for the outburt, bye
Qarl
I have a pair of new ones... and a new USA version passenger side....

Mooahaahaaahaaaaa!
72Signal914
YOU..........make.......me.......SICK!!!!!!!

Don't push me...I'll come over and steal them.

Actually the guy who post up selling his car on ebay has them and i'm trying to contact him if he wants to trade, since he's selling the car biggrin.gif
si2t3m
Gota love euro tailights... biggrin.gif
Qarl
My last car had them too.... They look great on a Signal Orange car... don't cha think?!?
Aaron Cox
only looks good on orange and red.....i prefer the good ole usa lights, what about a pair of rice rocket styled ones?
Aaron Cox
ricer lights! i feel the horsepower already!
Gint
French units look even better on a Tangerine car.
914Timo
Why would you like to remove that part ? There is enough room for oil lines if you dont think to use some very heavy lines. Mine are od 22mm with 2mm wall. Sorry about not so good pic. If you need, I can take and send tomorrow better ones.

Oh.... it is funny. You want euro tailights and we want US tailights here !!! laugh.gif
meursault
Wow, you look like you have plenty of room there, Timo!

I was thinking I'd put bulkhead fittings in that forward plate and run flexible AN lines through. But I like your setup and I'd like to do something similar.

Questions: Is the tubing brass? Did you solder on fittings? How did you bend the tubing? Can you post more pics? biggrin.gif
fuch toy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 20 2003, 08:20 PM)
French units look even better on a Tangerine car.

Where do the little white surrender flags pop out? Or is that only in reverse? rolleyes.gif
72Signal914
Just for the record...you guys suck finger.gif !!! Thank you for rubbing it in my face about the Euro lights.

ar15.gif "anyone who has Euros" fighting19.gif

The French ones do look cool.
Qarl
Keep checking around. There are deals to be had. Wait for sales from some of the vendors. Check E-bay, the pop up occasionally.

I got my last set from GPR www.gprparts.com

I've paid as low as $75 each and as high as $125 from various sources.

Regards,

Karl

Oh yeah and one more thing... :finger2: (hee heeeeeeee!)
72Signal914
Ass , I'll come over smash.gif smash.gif bye bye lenses biggrin.gif
Scott S
I got five sets for free - last week - in the Porsche boxes. I put one set on the cart and through the rest away.... sorry...

. wink.gif
Qarl
Timo,

Nice work on the oil lines!

Do you get to run the 914 very often? How many months of the year can you drive the car? Do you drive it in the winter with the snow?

Regards,
914Timo
Meursault, that is hydraulik pipe. First I did mock pipes from normal steel tubes. I cut and welded the bends. Then I took the mock pipes to our local hydraulic shop and asked them to bend me ones from real pipe. I will send more pics later....

The fittings are not soldered. There is clamping bush in the fittings that tight the fitting to the hydraulic pipe.

Thanks Kellzey. You are funny. The temperature is now here about 15 C-degrees. I think that is something like 60 Farenheits. The driving season is about 5-6 months here and 2-3 of them have most top of days. I think the climate is here about the same as in Canada. But, I only suppose so. I have never been there.

I dont use my 914 in the wintter, but I would like to test it sometimes on ice with good winter tires. That would be a lot of fun driving.gif

Here are all my flexible lines.
914Timo
Rear view. Notice, I dont have any more the jack points. I have removed them.
914Timo
914Timo
Inside. #4

Oh.... I should have cleaned it before I took the pic...
914Timo
And front trunk and the thermostat. Sorry, quite a dark pic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.