Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignore - Yellow Plaid Fabric For Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
I'm wanting to stay with the yellow plaid inserts for my seats.

My guy is waiting for me to find the fabric so he can get started.

So, if you have a source, please let me know.

And OH BTW, AA has it at $129.00 a yard, but they don't say how wide it is or how much you might need for two seats.

A yard is a yard, but does anyone know how wide the AA fabric is?

AND, if not doing yellow plaid (the car is Berber yellow / green), what inserts would you suggest?

NOT the basket weave stuff that's on the doors and dash face - that's leaving.

Thanks,

Len
mross462
Len did you hear anything about this? I'm interested in doing the same would like to learn about your experience. Did you purchase the fabric? How much was used in your inserts etc...

Cheers.
r_towle
914 rubber has some patterns, not sure which ones he has in stock.
DBCooper
The plaid was used in all the VW cars so you can find it on a lot of the VW sites, and they used to have the 914 styles too. I remember TMI had every combination but they've redesigned their website and can't find it any more. Here are a few from GoWesty but only a few patterns and colors:

IPB Image

The GoWestys are reproductions of the originals for VW vans, but there are lots more. Google "vw plaid upholstery fabric" for a rainbow of colors and patterns and maybe you'll recognize the 914. It's not my favorite so I admit I didn't look too hard.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.