Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to Me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
certainly looks awesome
http://dustlessblasting.com/automotive/
http://dustlessblasting.com/frequently-asked/
$5k smallest capacity
seems like craigslist is abundant with $3000-$5000 185 cfm USED compressors, though renting one for a day has got to be the most cost effective.
BIGKAT_83
$5k is just the start then you need a $15K air compressor.
185 CFM does not come cheap.

confused24.gif Bob
scotty b
It's what I have. Works great, but not as great as they'd have it seem. My 10 h.p. 2 stage shop compressor will not run it, which they told me it would dry.gif I have to rent a big tow behind diesel unit every time I blast. In hindsight I almost wish I had not bought it and just paid someone to come out when I needed something done. pot empties in about 10 mintues so you're constantly shutting eveyrthing down, re filling, starting back up etc. Blasting is a nasty PITA no matter what method you use
Eric_Shea
We saw those at SEMA last year. Now I get an e-mail every single day from them.
76-914
So, the moral to this story would be "All that glitters is not gold" unless she has fish net black stockings, anyway.
carr914
Look the Water Vaporizes! - The Water was pouring off that car - it must have been 120 Degrees in the Sun

I would think that the forced water into crevices that are already rusting can't be good
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 4 2013, 04:18 PM) *

Look the Water Vaporizes! - The Water was pouring off that car - it must have been 120 Degrees in the Sun

I would think that the forced water into crevices that are already rusting can't be good

agree.gif i was thinking the same thing.
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 4 2013, 06:32 PM) *

It's what I have. Works great, but not as great as they'd have it seem. My 10 h.p. 2 stage shop compressor will not run it, which they told me it would dry.gif I have to rent a big tow behind diesel unit every time I blast. In hindsight I almost wish I had not bought it and just paid someone to come out when I needed something done. pot empties in about 10 mintues so you're constantly shutting eveyrthing down, re filling, starting back up etc. Blasting is a nasty PITA no matter what method you use

Hire 2 teenagers when you need it done. One fills, one blasts. You get paid.
tomeric914

Blasting is a nasty PITA no matter what method you use

I blasted a flatbed trailer frame as a teen working at a body shop. They gave me a hood and a disposable dust mask. Sand gets E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E you don't want it to be. Inside your ears is the worst.
scotty b
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 5 2013, 04:07 AM) *

Blasting is a nasty PITA no matter what method you use

I blasted a flatbed trailer frame as a teen working at a body shop. They gave me a hood and a disposable dust mask. Sand gets E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E you don't want it to be. Inside your ears is the worst.

No it isn't mellow.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 4 2013, 01:51 PM) *
anyone else seen this blaster?

IPB Image
tomeric914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 5 2013, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 5 2013, 04:07 AM) *

Inside your ears is the worst.

No it isn't mellow.gif

Yes, in the shorts is no fun either. Sand chafing = no fun. Sandblast commando. ninja.gif

Other things that get me about the video:

- they put token tape around the handles and trim, but the blast media is going to go everywhere and end up etching the windows as well.

- ok, so they blasted the exterior, what about the crap on the other side?

- the poor owner has 60 pounds worth of beach and potentially hazardous waste in the form of blasted lead paint in their front yard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.