Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 914 clock repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppccivilian
I was working on a clucking shifter bushing (firewall) and while I had the console removed I decided to tackle the VDO clock.
I followed the tips on the Pelican Tech sight: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m...lock_repair.htm

Trickiest part was getting the crimped bezel off. After that I noticed the Power suply filter cap was blown and needed replacing. I replaced both caps ( 47uF 16v radial capacitors) with replacements found at Radio shack for a cost of $3.00

Im going to calibrate the clock before I put it back together... so far 12 hours and time is still correct
Jon H.
Radio Shack still sells parts down in the US? Up here in Canada it was bought out and it's now more like a mini Future Shop. The furthest they'll get into an electronic device is the battery cover laugh.gif

Jon
Shindog1961
QUOTE(ppccivilian @ Jun 5 2013, 05:17 PM) *

I was working on a clucking shifter bushing (firewall) and while I had the console removed I decided to tackle the VDO clock.
I followed the tips on the Pelican Tech sight: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m...lock_repair.htm

Trickiest part was getting the crimped bezel off. After that I noticed the Power suply filter cap was blown and needed replacing. I replaced both caps ( 47uF 16v radial cpas with replacements found a Radio shack for a cost of $3.00

Im going to calibrate the clock before I put it back together...

Wow. I would love to have the clock working again. I may have to try this. PM me if you have any other advice/ tips for this repair.
ppccivilian

I have fixed more STUFF by replacing Power Supplies filter capacitors than I think I can list... VERY common failure point. Follow the instruction provided by Pelican and take your time working the bezel of the face. the solder repair will be easy

-Robert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.