Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 Value per Insurance Co.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Just renewed the insurance on my '74 2.0 with Hagerty and the rep gave me the following valuations for the car:

Fair - $9,900
Good - $14,250
Excellent - $23,000
Concourse - $31,000

Sound a little high to me.

Paul
tomh
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jun 5 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Just renewed the insurance on my '74 2.0 with Hagerty and the rep gave me the following valuations for the car:

Fair - $9,900
Good - $14,250
Excellent - $23,000
Concourse - $31,000

Paul

Im looking at real nice ones in the bayarea for under 10,000
steuspeed
That's great if they will give you that in replacement value. If they are jacking the value to jack your rates then ar15.gif
rick 918-S
That looks fair considering they are likely basing the value on an average across the US. Sure you can fine cars in Cali likely cheaper than anyplace else but we're all not on the gold coast. Think about loosing your cherry car in a fire or a collision and you live in the rust belt. You have to look far and wide to get what you have and that costs money. If your lucky enough to fine a cherry car locally to replace yours you'll end up paying a premium as it was either extensively repaired, stored for it's life or imported from the coast at great expense.
ConeDodger
You can likely sell even higher in other parts of the world. Mine is insured for $30K

Reality... That is accurate.
JawjaPorsche
Damn, I got my 914 insured for $15K with Hagerty. I guess that is too low? blink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jun 5 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Fair - $9,900
Good - $14,250
Excellent - $23,000
Concourse - $31,000

Paul

Pretty similar Paul, to what NADA says even using my SoCal zip code - but without the Concours category....

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/197...arga-2-0/Values

Jawjaw - depending on condition of yours, you may want to call Hagerty back to bump it up .... it's only more in premiums, but last I checked with Hagerty's online calculator $20k was only $215/yr for their 3-5k/yr limited driving on Agreed Value.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
TT
///////
Mike D.
I have mine on a stated value contract with Hartford for $18k.
You don't wanted it under valued by your insurance no matter who you have. Rick Evans beautiful restored 2.0 was for sale here for $22K when he was hit by another driver, insurance gave $4000! after a lot of fighting...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.