Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine is Coming out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Well after doing some inspection it is clear that I am going to have to drop my engine and replace at least on wrist pin and possibly a piston. I supposedly have a 96mm big bore kit but I am going to verify that before getting any parts. I had hoped to wait until I save the cash to have a short block done but I would like to drive it this summer. So I am looking for a short term fix. I will replace the front and rear seals as well as all of the push tube seals which I assume can be obtained easily. I have good compression at 135psi on all cylinders but it seems foolish to take it down that far and not put all new wrist pins and rings in it? So I am assuming it will take the 24mm wrist pin. What would be the best place to get the rings and wrist pins?

I have looked and seen the ring sets for $70 to $100. A single piston for $60. Yet I also see (yes they are the cheap kind) complete cylinder sets for $300 to $600. So unless I am missing something (keeping in mind this is a temporary fix) it would almost seem better to buy a cheap cylinder set than try to put together the parts?

I am completely open to any suggestions. Of course I won't know for sure what I have in cylinders or problems until I get it out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 5 2013, 06:53 PM) *
I am completely open to any suggestions.

Two more cylinders ... happy11.gif
JmuRiz
That sounds about right...it's only money right?
Mblizzard
If anyone has a good running 6 that they could put in my hands for a few hundred bucks I would be all over it! But that's not going to happen. A guy can dream though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.