Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedo cable attachment on tranny?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dsphoto
hi, sorry if this is redundant.
this is a 75 1.8...
I have looked all over the underside and in the repair manual... the repair manual only has a close up picture from which i can't find any identifying points on the car. i'm thinking the previous owner may have detached the speedo cable from the tranny (and/or cut it off) at some point. Can anyone guide me in where to find where it connects on the tranny? I found what I assume is the reverse light connection (+ and -) but nowhere that I can see that the speedo could go. I've only had the 914 about a month so i am still new to this and I'm sure I will have many more questions as time goes on. I would really appreciate any help/guidance.

Thanks in advance
Dan
Krieger
Dan, it is on the very back of the trans on the right side.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 5 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Dan, it is on the very back of the trans on the right side.

agree.gif and welcome.png

In the pic below, you can see the speedo cable and the angle drive connecting it to the transmission on the right side in the back:

IPB Image
dsphoto
you guys are awesome, thank you so much. definitely has been removed. time for a new one.
dsphoto
sorry, one more question. i found the connection... so mine doesn't have that right angle joint that this pic does. do i need that right angle or can i just put the new cable straight into the hole without it? thanks again
914itis
QUOTE(dsphoto @ Jun 5 2013, 10:19 PM) *

you guys are awesome, thank you so much. definitely has been removed. time for a new one.

You definitely need the angle.

Pm sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.