Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI harness routing picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Engine has returned to the car after a couple years of work on both.

I understand where all the connections go, there are lots of schematics on that, but what about the harness ROUTE. Too many hoses and wires on that engine already.

Anyone have a picture of the FI harness routing? My is a 1.8 L-Jet, but I guess a D-Jet pictures will give me a start.

Need to know stuff like over or under the 3/4 injectors?
Across the middle of the engine or the flywheel end.
Over or under the air distributor.

Maybe no route is wrong, if the connectors connect. But is there a best way?

Thanks
TheCabinetmaker
Not sure about the Ljet. Djet goes comes from the ecu and lays on the passenger engine shelf, then up behind the #3 cyl, then over the engine at the rear. The grounds plug in there at the center of the engine. Harness continues to the drivers side and injector plugs. Once you get it laid out, its kinda self explanatory. The connections dictate where the harness runs. I try to get it all below the injectors so it doesn't get in the way when I'm working on something else.
r_towle
lays on top of the motor, at the flywheel side.
Both Injector portions of wires go on the outside of the intake runners

The whole section that connects to the AAR, ambient temp sensor, coil, disctributor and oil temp all go under the intake runners on the passenger side.

Rich
JeffBowlsby
However it best fits...lay it on top of the engine or weave it around under/through the intake runners if you like.

One thing though, be sure to separate the FI harness with as much distance and separation as you can get from the spark plug and coil wires, especially on the 3/4 side. Cross talk may give you fits if they get too cozy.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 6 2013, 07:39 PM) *

However it best fits...lay it on top of the engine or weave it around under/through the intake runners if you like.

One thing though, be sure to separate the FI harness with as much distance and separation as you can get from the spark plug and coil wires, especially on the 3/4 side. Cross talk may give you fits if they get too cozy.

Good to know. I suppose touching, is too close, couple of inches is ok?

I ended up going from the ECU, under the 3/4 injectors, around #3 plug, under the air distributor, between the 1/2 intake runners (over the 1/2 injectors). Cold start valve was the toughest. It points forward and the harness is coming from the rear.

My ECU connection is pretty close to the engine tin, causing a sharp turn on the wiring. I saw a ECU bracket on a 71 hell hole shot. Did that bracket stay for the full run of years. My ECU has a plastic shealth that accepts cooling tin screws to hold it to the battery tray.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.