Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ready for roll under
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
slick package. no more hiem joints, no more almost had it with the droplinks, and no more side leverage from the throttle cable throwing things out of wack when coming off idle. learned a few tricks when installing...

1. easier w/engine out of the car for the first go round. very doable with engine in but i think the learning curve would be steeper. less running back and forth too.

2. don't misplace one of the brackets. you'll waste a day. biggrin.gif WHERE'S THAT F'IN BRACKET!!! oh, its under the paper towel.

3. assemble the unit but don't tighten every thing up, just snug. take your time and see which option works best for your app as certain variables (webers vs dels, your style of intakes, etc) will factor in.

button it up. check for the slave pulley to open at the same time and you're golden except for the final dial in. last picture is the best solution for oil blow out with carbs that i have found.
URY914
Your nuts are loose. biggrin.gif
ThePaintedMan
smilie_pokal.gif

Welcome to the cable linkage club Kevin! Chris has worked really hard on this, made made changes apparently since the early versions, and for the money, I still think this is the best linkage out there.

Your setup is slick and clean bud, looks great!
mrbubblehead
you will love it. i havnt touched my carbs in over a year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.