Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everyone is on CRACK!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72Signal914
Alright I do not know how many of you have noticed how our forum goes, but its on CRACK! Just like a post before its hard to keep up with everything topics that are more than 1 or 2 hours old get lost in te dust. This is a great reason to have a chat rooom As of now there are over 50+ people searching the forum, that's a lot of damn people and we're a bunch of chatty people also.

I do not know how feesible it is to create a chat room but I think Java chat rooms are fairly easy to create but I don't know about webspace and crap like that. I think it would be a wonderrful idea and i think most would agree

Don't know who runs it but is there anything that you can do??
Qarl
You can set your profile to e-mail you whenever a topic you've posted to gets a response.

It helps with "keeping track"

Regards,
72Signal914
Then my mauilbox would be flooded and I'm on like 4 different forums and wouldnt be able to keep trackof my e-mail let alone this forum. It's crazy, but I LIKE IT!!!
seanery
I like a record left hanging around for reference.

I need things that have been discussed prior and can search them out, so I really like this format.

There is a chat client around somewhere....
Bleyseng
Its on All914.com but the BBS format with all its search functions and record keeping is awsome.
There is alot of traffic on this board now by there is some great info being passed around!

Yeah yeah, we BS alot too but thats cuz we have been doing this for awhile.
Geoff
ChrisReale
Yea, how do you think Geoff scored over 1000 posts, with good info? beer.gif
Zeke
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ May 20 2003, 06:16 PM)
Then my mauilbox would be flooded and I'm on like 4 different forums and wouldnt be able to keep trackof my e-mail let alone this forum. It's crazy, but I LIKE IT!!!

I think I know the one who is peaking.
EdwardBlume
A chat would be cool, but like its been mentioned, sometimes someone on the other end of the pond may have a nugget that you can't get by chance in a chat room.

How about more topic lines based on the top 5 categories? instead of a topic free for all?
Gint
I like this board just fine the way it is.

It's far and away the best board I've participated in.
72Signal914
I agree, I'm not saying the foums bad or anything, but I think it would be nice to have a chat room of sorts. Other forums it mihgt take a day to get a response here its almost instant. biggrin.gif
GWN7
There is a chatroom set up already. It's open to all.

When I'm on my puter, I'm working or playing. Don't have time to sit and watch a screen Not move.

I mentioned Mondays to use the chatroom as a group in an earlier post.

Went there last Monday, screen didn't move. sad.gif

Ate pizza all alone......ok I wasn't all alone,the boy had some too. laugh.gif
silver six
Mike,

I agree. After a few days somewhere around 80% of the postings have flipped to the second page. I almost never bother to read anything on the second page. Here's a solution:

smile.gif Currently, the first page only lists the most recent 30 treads, including the ones that are "nailed" at the top of the screen. Instead the first page should list the first 40 or 45 threads. That way, a thread has to be old, beat and tired before it finds its way pushed off to the second page.

Does anybody like that idea? Hey webmasters, what do you think?

Douglas
72Signal914
How about 60 or 70? The more the better
Mockmaw
There's a balance between volume on the front page and speed for those who have less than stellar net connections, fortunately it's user specific.

Hey Brad, the number of posts on a given forum page is adjustable under the My Controls | Board Settings page, but the max is currently set to 40. Is there anyway that the you, as an administrator, can change this table to allow users to have more topics per forum page?
Bleyseng
I just check the second page now too for good post topics. Hell, we have 700 members now! We could split the forum up into interests like, engine, suspension, racing but I like to see real quickly what everyone is posting so I like it like it is,

ChrisR, damn, that hurts buddy after all I have done for you! mad.gif

Geoff
Jeroen
There is a chat-room. You can find it at www.all914.com
It's a simple download and installation (details are on the website).

I can change the number of topics shown (keep in mind that I already did that, originally it was set to show only 20 topics per page)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Errrr... I guess either Brad or Andy already changed the # of topics per page
It's now set at 50

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
We tried really hard to give the BBS room to grow... but it grew faster than we ever anticipated. I have to check the second page now... since I dont sit in front of the computer 24/7 like I do during the winter.

The chat is good... but any more than 8-10 people and it is a cluster F_ck.

This BBS grew out of the ALL914 chat. 90% of the "main posters" came from the ALL914 chat days...where we used to make each other spit on the monitor with laughter.

B
Lawrence
Somewhere, I still have one chat logged.. where everyone changed names and roasted EVERYONE, if you were present or not.

I think at one point, someone was logged in as "Gerbil".

Ring any bells?
J P Stein
Humm....that reminds me, I gotta reload 914chat on my pristine puter.....but it puts it at risk of Sammy's dreadful jokes.....yo mama, et al.
need4speed
It's called "Tabbed Browsing". Try any modern web browser (like Mozilla, or it's derivatives), not IE. You'll never go back. biggrin.gif
Alexlitov
I think this board should be divied into topics. Like:

>>TECH Forums
Exterior
Interior
Engine
Suspencion
Electrical
How to

>>>Community
Off Topic
Car Meets
Humor
Photo/Video

>>>Marketplace
For Sale
Vendor/Parts Review

Something like that.
72Signal914
but I like the jumbled mess
Alexlitov
well u can just go from topic to topic.....
Jeroen
Splitting this BBS up into different forums is a bad idea IMHO
The chance people reading (and thus responding) a topic will go down drastically

As long as every one uses a good title/description of their topic, we should have no trouble and the BBS would work at it's best

Just my 0.02 euro

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
Splitting this BBS up into different forums is a bad idea IMHO
The chance people reading (and thus responding) a topic will go down drastically

I agree completely. Please don't split it up. I like one stop shopping.
seanery
me 2
Curvie Roadlover
Good titles to your threads is a great help, but often times a thread goes in a different direction from it's original topic and that's fun too. Like recently the thread about Fiat X 1/9's went into what the letters in car names stand for. I really enjoyed reading those but would never have seen them if I thought the thread was just about the X1/9. It's alot to read if I want to keep my finger on the pulse of the BBS. Maybe I could go back to the pelican BBS. The traffic there slowed dramatically when this BBS got upp and running wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.