Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
My 1975 has an after market shift nob and also has a black shift rod. I thought they had a chrome shift rod! Can someone please post pics of a stock shift rod?

regards
James
pcar916
Deleted
pcar916
I have an aftermarket short-shifter kit that has a chromed shift rod. My two 914 and several 911 rods are all black. Someone around here will know if chrome was a Porsche option.
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, all mine are chrome. Never seen a black one, but all my cars have been 73 or later.
eyesright
Here's an early and a late one.
rhodyguy
you might have a 'short shift' kit installed or someone has painted a stock lever black. is there an aluminum spacer plate under the shifter base? got a picture?

k
jesiv
Looks like I have a short shift kit... I want to put the stock shift knob on but it doesn't fit. Am I crazy to go back to a stock shifter. I am not thrilled with my current shifter. Thoughts...

Regards

James
TheCabinetmaker
Ive removed several "short shift" from cars. The owners hated them.
TheCabinetmaker
I have never understood the need for a "upgraded" shifter. With an in spec trans, good shift bushings, and properly adjusted, the stock unit is easy and smooth to shift. Ok, so I can't slam 2nd gear. It not a drag racer anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.