Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gulf Racing Colors on a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
So I've been tossing around the idea of painting my 914GT Clone/Tribute whatever you want to call it Olympic Blue and and Orange. Just like the 917 Gulf race car....Happens to be my favorite car of all time....

Do you guys have any cool samples of 914 painted in this livery? If so, can you please post...I did a google search and only get a few.

Aalso, let me know what you think about painting a car these colors....would you drive around in one painted like a gulf race car or am I screwy.gif ????

Ed
crest.gif

KELTY360
An LE scheme would look fine on those colors.
PanelBilly
I wouldn't mind driving around in one
dlkawashima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzTGAIaGcE
carr914
You would have to paint your car a 911 Color - Gulf Blue

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
That's a terrific paint scheme. I noticed the gulf blue in the pictures above all vary a bit. In a recent construction project that was painted a gulf like Blue, I couldn't how many test strips we performed before honing in on the right one.
Elliot Cannon
Another
EdArango
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 8 2013, 06:08 AM) *

That's a terrific paint scheme. I noticed the gulf blue in the pictures above all vary a bit. In a recent construction project that was painted a gulf like Blue, I couldn't how many test strips we performed before honing in on the right one.

I noticed the samething Jim, it seems that the colors do vary. I guess I'll have to hunt down the actual color codes when that time comes. Hopefully soon!!!
carr914
Some of those care are Olympic, some are Gulf. Also Olympic fades a lot with age -I've had an Olympic that was faded badly when I bought it and it was bright after I Painted it
EdArango
Any more samples out there? Let's keep this thread going. Great looking cars!!
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(EdArango @ Jun 10 2013, 07:31 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 8 2013, 06:08 AM) *

I noticed the samething Jim, it seems that the colors do vary. I guess I'll have to hunt down the actual color codes when that time comes. Hopefully soon!!!

The colors can also vary depending on the time of day, and the settings on the camera etc.
Gustl
even Schuco made a 1/87 miniature in this colours
t collins
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
nomore9one4
I am considering this color scheme also, but for my 1969 Camaro project. photos are not my car dry.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Andyrew
^This car is local to me, Saw it on its first shakeout run... Amazingly fast...
Rand
Lots of past threads on this.....Try searching. I know that sucks here, but Google helps. I have a few pics I'll have to dig up.

carr914
QUOTE(nomore9one4 @ Oct 7 2013, 11:38 PM) *

I am considering this color scheme also, but for my 1969 Camaro project. photos are not my car dry.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Good thing, cuz that ain't a '69
jm993rs
This is painting with Gulf blue or riviera blue ???? screwy.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 8 2013, 04:04 AM) *

QUOTE(nomore9one4 @ Oct 7 2013, 11:38 PM) *

Good thing, cuz that ain't a '69

Correct! slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.