Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Values
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick
I went to the local classic car dealer over thanksgiving break and say this. Either 914 values have climb dramtically or I'm missing something. Can this really be a 10K car? It is not even low miles 87,000+ on the clock!

914 for sale
Dr Evil
It takes all kinds. You can ask what ever you want for one....but will they pay. It states that it is a 1.8l, WRONG. Its a 1.7L. Damn, asking that much and can't even get the facts correct.
F4i
They say it's a four speed as well. wacko.gif
ematulac
4 speed? I thought all 914's had 5-speed trannies? confused24.gif
Pretty sure it's a 5 speed, not a four speed....but, I've seen values all over the place, there's a shop out east with an orange 72 1.7 looking for 15 grand! it's a nice car, around 50k miles, but it's been cheaply re-painted, and it shows....I dont know, I guess we should be happy that prices are going up, but I'd look for a solid car, in the 4-6 k range, there are still a lot of those out there, good running cars, low rust, etc....
skline
They do unless someone changed it out. Its a 1.7 liter with 2 liter alloys on it. Nice looking car but I dont think he will get 10k for it. Maybe 7k.
Porsche Rescue
A couple of years ago you would never see a 914-4 sell at $10k. There are now several listed at that or more and several have sold above $10. Needs to be a very nice car. And 87,000 miles is low for a 32 year-old car. If it was a '73-74 2.0 it would probably be sold by now.
Hi_Fi_Guy
I love this forum!

Most car and motorcycle clubs have this bad habit of thinking the object of their affection is perfect and within the community the prices are all falsely set too high (I'm thinking about classifieds in most club magazines). People on the outside are like, "How much!?!? For a 30 year old 4-banger? No way." while the club members point out the rare gas cap, or special bumper over-riders, or whatever that "obviously" doubles the value of the car.

Not here, everyone here freely live sup to the faults these cars have and are always looking for bargains. Sure, some people gripe that 914 owners are a cheap lot, I prefer to think most 914 owners don't believe our own B.S. We'll do anything for our fellow club members to help them out but we won't let them make a sucker purchase if we can help it.

Anyway, as someone who has a stupid amount of $$$ in a 914 I like to hear that values are going up, but I like it even more that we don't all buy into the hype and are not afraid to tell it like it is when a car come sup that is way over priced, has a suspicious listing, or whatever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.