Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 Porsche 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sdthomas
This well-sorted car has been my fair weather daily driver for two years. It has been painted black over the original red. Odometer reads 92130.

Asking $4250

* new Goodyear Eagle GT tires
* new starter
* new alternator
* new windshield
* new pushrod tubes
* new flexible heat exchanger tubes

* 5 real Fuchs
* fog lights
* front and rear anti-sway bars
* excellent interior
* stock speakers
* electric rear window defroster
* hell hole repaired
* no rust in floor pans
* heat, fans, lights, e-brake work
* stainless steel heat exchangers
* good 10 ft. paint job
* front turn signals delete

* original fuel injection replaced with single progressive carb
* electronic ignition
* hydraulic lifters
* good compression
* Bursch exhaust

Comes with:

* extra Bilstein rear shocks (one clunks)
* new 914 rubber front targa seal
* front bra

More photos can be seen at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93922046@N05/...57633376279454/

I bought the car about two years ago from a man in Nanaimo, BC. He had only had the car for a short period of time and didn't know much about the car's history. The only paperwork I received was the original user's manual and a very well-worn Haynes manual.

The hell-hole has been repaired and a non-stock battery tray has been installed. There is no rust in the battery area or below it. There are very small amounts of rust in the passenger and drive-side front wheel wells.

The targa top seals are old and cracked and need to be replaced. I purchased the large top seal that runs along the top of the windshield from a reputable vendor (www.914rubber.com) in Portland, but have not installed it.

The engine has the three bolt exhaust ports of a 2.0. But it does not have the original 2.0 head (with the plugs entering at an angle)--it seems more like a 1.7 or 1.8 (plugs on top). And it does not have the original fuel injection, but instead a single progressive Weber carburetor. The engine runs well and has never given me a problem in the time that I have owned it. It does have a small oil leak.

The transmission has a very small leak where clutch cable enters the housing. I've monitored it carefully an it hardly seems to affect the transmission fluid level. It shifts well except for initially going into first, which can require a bit of finesse (it's become second-nature to me). I've replaced all of the bushings of the shift linkage and it definitely shifts better than when I first purchased it.

The car's biggest issue is that at some point in its 40 year history it was hit in the passenger front corner. There is no obvious evidence of the damage from the outside, but the hood does not close as flush as it should and the passenger-side door alignment is off slightly and requires more effort than it should to close.

The car is very fun daily driver. I actually have to resist the temptation to drive it every time the weather is nice (I'm supposed to be riding my bike to work as much as possible). My wife and I have taken several road trips in it (North Cascades Highway loop, coastal Oregon) and it definitely makes getting there as fun as (or more than) arriving at the destination.

-Shawn
URY914
Is it free?
mepstein
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:08 PM) *

Is it free?

Yes. I call dibs!
audio_file
He's asking $4250 on the local CL, hope that helps...
sdthomas
Yes it's $4250, sorry about that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.