Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN: East coasters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scotty b
These guys have been putting on a GREAT hot rod show I normally go to, and are now starting a VW/Audi show. It should be good smile.gif

http://www.vdubbash.com/
okieflyr
HMMMMM idea.gif
struckn
YES! I'm in...I've done AACA shows for the past 6 years there and it is a great place to hang out. Latimore is right off Rt.15, about 15 miles north of Gettysburg at York Springs. Didn't hear about this one. Thanks Scotty

piratenanner.gif driving.gif
type47
Time for a 914 get-together?
jbachert
I wonder if they will allow 914s in the show? Will they consider it enough of a VW?
okieflyr
I'd have to wave from the other side of the lot. Be'in VW water cooled n' all... driving.gif
struckn
QUOTE(jbachert @ Jun 9 2013, 06:58 AM) *

I wonder if they will allow 914s in the show? Will they consider it enough of a VW?

Just open the drivers door and show them the label on the door frame "MANUFACTURED VOLKSWEAGON WERK, AG" should shut them up, actually Air Cooled anything can get in I think.
VaccaRabite
They will let us in. There are always a bunch of VWs at the Jalopy Showdown.

I'll be on vacation at the time, so can't make it. Bummed. I've had it on my calendar since January, but the rest of the family chose the same weekend for vacation.

Zach
type47
icon_bump.gif time to start planning...
zymurgist
Very cool, just up the road a piece from Hagersbush. thumb3d.gif
type47
who's going? not Zach, not root, not saigon71, ... I'm going from NOVA/Vienna ...
plas76targa
Jim,
Good grief that is too close not to go! I might go to this for fun. i'll run it by "the one who rules". You want to swing by here on your way up? any one else interested in creating a caravan?
VaccaRabite
Any one local NEEDS to go.
If they run this anyhting like the Jalopy Showdown, it will be a FUN show. It is not just a "cars on the grass" kinda place. For the Showdown they open up the old dirt track and invite folks to drive a few laps through the dirt and mud. When I get home tonight I'll post up some pics from the spring event. Non-Porsche and VW, but the venue is the same and the atmoshpere is fantastic. This is the first year for the VW show. I have no idea f they intend to run it like the do the Showdown, but I HOPE that they do.

I am currently trying to see if I can head for vacation a day late to go to this show with the kids. Its that much fun. Likely won't happen, but I have entered negotiations with my wife on the issue.

Zach
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 12 2013, 05:23 AM) *

You want to swing by here on your way up?

'course, I have your cell number.
struckn
I'm still in, will be there for sure, car's ready, can't wait. Takes about 45 minutes on great roads, for me to get there from Shrewsbery Pa.

piratenanner.gif driving.gif
VaccaRabite
Some of the pics and activities from the Showdown show this spring. I expect similar stuff from the VW bash.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Folks will have blankets out selling stuff.
There will be lots of food.
There is an auto racing museum there (that I have YET to see).
There will be cars on the grass, in the wood, etc.
And there will be cars driving around the old muddy dirt oval.

Its a lot of fun.
Zach
scotty b
I noticed they specifically say no camping for this show, so I wouldn't be so certain the track will be in use. I have a feeling this is an experimental show to see if there is enough interest to continue it confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
Would be a total bummer if they did not allow the track for use.

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 12 2013, 05:45 PM) *

Would be a total bummer if they did not allow the track for use.

Zach

agree.gif I'd love to see a bunch of slammed A4's and Jettas going through the pit av-943.gif
struckn
They let a friend of mine drive his Horse around the track one year.
confused24.gif

IPB Image

av-943.gif
VaccaRabite
Show is tomorrow.
I'll be there ~10 with my 5yo. We are not going to stay too long, maybe an hour or two before heading up the road for vacation.

Zach
914outlaw
Hey Zach,

The flyer says July 27th.

http://www.vdubbash.com/

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 19 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Show is tomorrow.
I'll be there ~10 with my 5yo. We are not going to stay too long, maybe an hour or two before heading up the road for vacation.

Zach
balljoint
ohmy.gif
MDG
Oh dear . . . pinch.gif
r_towle
slap.gif
VaccaRabite
Doh!
balljoint
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 19 2013, 11:50 PM) *

Doh!

cheer.gif

Excellent work gentlemen. Crisis averted. thumb3d.gif

Here at 914world.com we will leave a man behind, but we will never let him look like a goofball in front of his wife or his kid.

smilie_flagge6.gif

And you guys have my back too, right?

unsure.gif

You'd tell me if I looked goofy, right?

Guys?

Should I be shutting my Spanx pics thread down in the sandbox?
saigon71
Count me in gents.

My house is about six miles from this event. How about burgers, dogs & beer at my place when the show starts winding down? beerchug.gif

plas76targa
piratenanner.gif i got the 'ok' to go. Jim you wanna swing by here or i'll meet you about 2 miles north of the Willow Road.
Saigon 71, are you puttin on the burgers later?
saigon71
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 21 2013, 08:55 PM) *

piratenanner.gif i got the 'ok' to go. Jim you wanna swing by here or i'll meet you about 2 miles north of the Willow Road.
Saigon 71, are you puttin on the burgers later?

A couple of RSVP's and the grill will be fired up.
type47
Matt, how about if I meet you 2 mi N of Willow Rd, I'll call when I get to Frederick. What time? I'd like early ...

RSVP to Bob and burgers...

driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
zymurgist
RSVP to Bob.

jsharp.gif
struckn
Gate open at 8:00AM but I don't think it matters what time you show up. I think its more like a Cruise In and hang out then a Show formate. If possible who ever gets there first try to see if they can let us all park together. I'm thinking we may have what about 10 cars at most, plus other local 914's who aren't 914.com members.
Lets get out and drive them....... driving.gif
saigon71
Gents:

Something has come up and I can't make the show.

Equally as important, I can't host burgers, dogs & beer at my place after the show as I'm not sure what time I will be back.

Have fun all & I hope to make this one next year. Please post some pics!

beerchug.gif

zymurgist
Sorry to hear that, Bob. sad.gif

Anyone up for Hofbrauhaus after the show? I was going to suggest that before Bob kindly offered his grill.
shawn914
This looks like a good show - I'm going to drive over to this from Philly burbs (not in my 914) - hope to meet some of the 914 World.
Shawn
plas76targa
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 22 2013, 02:54 AM) *

Matt, how about if I meet you 2 mi N of Willow Rd, I'll call when I get to Frederick. What time? I'd like early ...

RSVP to Bob and burgers...

driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif

Jim, how's 7:30 AM sound? Meet you about 2 mi north of Willow Road. BTW - you can't exit left onto Willow Rd from north bound Rt15. not that you're going to Sat am but for future reference (8/17)
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 24 2013, 07:17 AM) *

Jim, how's 7:30 AM sound? Meet you about 2 mi north of Willow Road.

Sounds good: 2 mi N of Willow Rd on 15N... Sorry to miss you Bob... and I suggest we eat at Chubby's (on Rt 15 at PA-MD line)
scotty b
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 24 2013, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 24 2013, 07:17 AM) *

Jim, how's 7:30 AM sound? Meet you about 2 mi north of Willow Road.

Sounds good: 2 mi N of Willow Rd on 15N... Sorry to miss you Bob... and I suggest we eat at Chubby's (on Rt 15 at PA-MD line)

agree.gif I actually logged on to mention Chubby's smile.gif Be a good 'Mercan and get the fried pickles while you're there drooley.gif I've been up in the air this week, but as of now it appears I will be there. I don do early mornings, so I won't be there until 10:00 at the earliest
zymurgist
Chubby's is da BOMB. chowtime.gif

Seriously, it's the best BBQ in a 50 mile radius.
scotty b
slap.gif Wake up Zach. It's almost time....for real. 2 Days away buddy beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll be there with the two boys, probably around 11.

My vacation got called to an early end due to the youngest getting sick. He is mostly over it now. Plan is go take Theo to his karate class at 9 and head to York Springs at 10. We will be there till the kids get bored. Chubby's sounds yummy.

The weather tomorrow could be epic for late July. Temps in the low 80s, partly cloudy. Increasing chance for rain as the afternoon wears on, but not greater then 30% till after 4.

I'm looking forward to it!
Zach
bembry
I'll be there--driving up from Springfield VA!
scotty b
Have fun guys, post pics, I just have to much to do. Including re-painting a 356 mad.gif Look for a post upadate by sunday dry.gif
shawn914
A few more.... Many fine cars on display. As much skill and craftsmanship as with the 914World... The diversity was as impressive as the cars on display. Great crowd too.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=401
108]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=401112]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=401117]Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
zymurgist
Cool, you got a shot of the Pinzgauer. thumb3d.gif Did you see the yellow bus on the end? That was a sweet ride.
okieflyr
Thanks for the pics! nice day out and I wish I could've made it out there.

The orange 411? has URY's old license plate lining the interior lol-2.gif
struckn
Nice meeting up with you guys, great show, we got alot of friendly attention from the VW guys. There were over 300 cars total with 170 Resistered.

By the way great pictures Shawn! Did you see your old Fog lights on the Zambee. Sorry we didn't hook up today.

My only complaint was too much Beef on the Pit Beef Barbaque, I couldn't eat it all.

I got home before the heavy Rain hit us this evening.

Doug

driving.gif
VaccaRabite
Baby was still under the weather and I was being Mr. Mom today while Erin ran errands, so I could not go. Theo was super pissed at me most of the day once he realized we were not going due to the baby being sick. Kept coming up with reasons we should go and either leave the baby at home alone or wake his sick butt up and take him along. I promised him we would hit the next one.

Theo also peed on me today. It may be related. laugh.gif

Were they running the track? Where there cars on the infield and the outfield, or just in infield?
Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.