Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i got to meet Alex Zanardi Today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
last week i got an invitation in the mail to go to a book signing in NYC for Alex Zanardi...first off, the store was really cool, lots of great model cars (they had a 914) and other stuff...and they had a gorgeous mh900E on display,

he was a really nice guy! it was great to get a chance to meet him and shake his hand
Scott Carlberg
Congrats, GREAT score!

Over the past w/e, I watched the interview that Dave Despain did on Wind Tunnel with A.Z.

it was quite moving, hard to think that I would be that positive if I had gone thru what he did.
seanery
Lucky!

Alex Z. is a great driver and quite an inspiration. You are lucky. He's one of my favorites.
Stutgart46
That's really cool.
He will always be one of my heros.
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif WOW! That is great!
I was lucky enough to meet him before the Long Beach
Grand Prix for 4 years in a row when he drove
for Team Target, and he is truly a wonderful person,
and you are right, an inspiration to us all after what he
went through. He really is lucky to be alive!

Cheers to you AZ! beerchug.gif
Lisa
tracks914
One of my heros as well. smilie_pokal.gif
One of the most exciting racers in the late 90's to watch go from the back to the front. It was almost like he had a leg up on everybody! laugh.gif
Now he is just equal to the rest of us, but he still races and with hand controls he would probably beat each of us too.
I have an amazing photo of his crash with Tag cutting his car in half. It is pretty graphic and I don't know if I want to post it here but to see it and then the picture of him above in this post is inspirational at least.
dlo914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 29 2004, 07:14 PM)
One of the most exciting racers in the late 90's to watch go from the back to the front. It was almost like he had a leg up on everybody! laugh.gif
Now he is just equal to the rest of us, but he still races and with hand controls he would probably beat each of us too.
I have an amazing photo of his crash with Tag cutting his car in half. It is pretty graphic and I don't know if I want to post it here but to see it and then the picture of him above in this post is inspirational at least.

boldblue.gif POST POST POST!!! boldblue.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 29 2004, 07:14 PM)

Yes, the accident was so graphic! I actually still have the video of it sad.gif
But I am just so thankful that he made it through, and lived...
and with his incredible spirit and engineering know how,
he is helping so many people with innovative prosthetic limbs.
Way to go Alex smilie_pokal.gif
Did you know that his wife, Daniella, ordered him a custom made
hand controlled BMW before he even was out of surgery the day of the accident! What a cool wife wub.gif

Lisa beerchug.gif
tracks914
WARNING

This post may get deleted by the admins because of this photo but only look at it if you want to. If they do choose to delete it, I'm OK with that. This kind of thing doesn't bother me but I understand if some people like to look at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.