Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Fun Run 4.0 - SAT DEC 11th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
Its time again. SAT December 11th, at 10 AM.

meet at the usual spot..
I-15 and Cajalco at the best buy shopping center.
66 miles of curvy roads....

IPB Image

we'll do lunch at the Ruby's overlooking the ocean again in laguna beach.

the man Brad Roberts will be in attendance... letz have a record turnout... smilie_pokal.gif

Attendees thus far-
Aaron Cox
Matt R
Skline (maybe)
Brad Roberts
Duffster (maybe)
Alex O
Bernie
Johnnyx
shawn - meathead (maybe)
cmolina (maybe)
oracio21
Jim Hoyland
MxMark
Slits
MattR
Ohh, Im there in my new toy (912) . I'll bring sube friend too, if he's not busy.
SLITS
whoooopeeeeeeeeeeeee!
JoeSharpOld
I'm in, one VW or another biggrin.gif
Joe
Robert21
mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

see you guys there
MattR
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 29 2004, 05:48 PM)
I'm in, one VW or another biggrin.gif
Joe

Joe, if you pick up some two buck chuck, I'll get the velveeta! biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Would like to go again, but I'm getting the engine grill repainted alng with some other touch-ups. Will try yo make it to Ruby's; what the Ruby's eta ?
bernbomb914
I will do my best to make it. wife has her company Christmas party that evening so I may not go all the way.

Bernie
dlo914
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 29 2004, 03:31 PM)
Ohh, Im there in my new toy (912) . I'll bring sube friend too, if he's not busy.

if i do decide to go could i catch a ride or tail behind in my 14?
AlexO
See y'all there. Lets hope for some nice weather again....
--Alex
mrmeade
Damn! Wish I could be there. Responsibilities at work get in the way on this one. I'll have to wait for January.
Aaron Cox
thats it? lots of people voted in the poll....13 said they could be there on sat....

post if youre coming smilie_pokal.gif
JohnM
I'm in. Will caravan up if other San Diegans are going. Was lots of fun last run.
John
Duffster
tentative... icon_bump.gif
Aaron Cox
groovy

run what you brung and have fun(g) biggrin.gif
skline
Aaron, make a list at the beginning of this thread with who all is coming, even if they are just a maybe. Put me down for a maybe. I may have the car going by then and it would make a nice maiden voyage.
Carlitos Way
I'm a tentative.... the teener is up and running... but this would be a long drive for a car that I'm not too sure about... also concerned about the pace... since I don't really know the car/area that much.... but don't count me out yet.

Carlos
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(cmolina @ Dec 4 2004, 01:48 PM)
I'm a tentative.... the teener is up and running... but this would be a long drive for a car that I'm not too sure about... also concerned about the pace... since I don't really know the car/area that much.... but don't count me out yet.

Carlos

cool! would be great to see you. the trip is just a cruise...not very fast paced... one medium grade to climb and then roll down the otherside...

hope you can make it smile.gif
MattR
Eric aka CaliWRX aka sube guy aka joe sharp's bitch might show up, but he'll probably hitch a ride in my tail dragger.

Edit: He wussed out. Maybe my little bro will tag along.
CaliWRX
Yep, I will be snowboarding instead and loving every minute of it. I will just have to have my own fun run on the desert roads on the way up. There aren't any twisties but I am sure I could have some fun driving in the triple digits. smile.gif
JoeSharpOld
Matt: how big is your brother, Will we have enough Velvita? rolleyes.gif
Joe
curtis
QUOTE(Duffster @ Dec 3 2004, 03:36 PM)
tentative... icon_bump.gif

same here. unsure.gif
MattR
If it rains are we still going? Ortega might be scary with no wipers and falkens... haha.

I think its safe to say if theres any rain I'll stay at home curled up in bed with my hot chocolate.
Aaron Cox
watch the weather....
CaliWRX
Haha, MattR and I went on a drive in his 912 a week ago in the rain. The lack of wipers was real fun when he was wiping the water off the windshield with his hand while driving!
9magazine
I can't go, but if someone lives up near me in Valencia I will give the group free issues, and some other goodies. All I ask for are some photos and a write up on the event for the next issue of 9 Magazine.

Brian Minson
Editor
9, The DIY Porsche Publication
http://www.9magazine.com
MattR
"Howie was hitting on anything that seemed female and was winking at Matt."

You make fun of my precious tail dragger AND i'm in the ticker. My birthday is in july, but we can celebrate today if you want!!!

Hey Ron, do you wanna name the 912? :finger2: biggrin.gif
Howard
Matt, think of it as an honor biggrin.gif
MattR
im touched
SLITS
Does this mean you're going to showup with your ass.....uhhhhh.....taildragger and show us how they are to be driven on twisty roads (usually VERY slowly). Oh..........you can bring mumzy too if she'll hold air.
Aaron Cox
lets keep this on topic guys.....
SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 6 2004, 05:35 PM)
lets keep this on topic guys.....

And the dealer throws in the Admin card scaring all the players away mueba.gif
MattR
We might get some ass draggers to join us too! mueba.gif

They started a thread on the pp forum and I asked if they wanted to join us (flame away).
Aaron Cox
anyone else care to join us on the drive?>
monkeywrench
would like to go but I may just be able to show up at ruby's. What time do you expect to arrive at the diner?
Aaron Cox
about 11:30... hope to see you at the beginning art biggrin.gif
JoeSharpOld
Matt: I'am sure that you won't mind being embarssed by Rustic Red, but now your asking me to do it to the real whine and cheese crowd. ohmy.gif I like it. wink.gif Invite them, and I'll be in the bug even if my 914 is running. I can see it now, every time we come out of the twistys on to a short chute, me carring 15 more mph on him and trying to pass a GT2. wub.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
MattR
They said they only drive with real porsches, so no 914s (or 912s) allowed sad.gif

biggrin.gif just kidding. They said the usually meet earlier (like 6:30-7) and they go east on ortega. Aaron is on them like admin on politics, so maybe they'll meet us in Corona or Elsinore? We still have a few days before this is ironed out.

I think Carerror would be hilarious to show off to the true wine and cheesers. Maybe I'll find a 911 badge to put in place of the 912 so I can fit in lol2.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm in. Paint's done ahead of schedule.
MXMARK
So my 911 is leaking fuel onto the #3 cylinder so I can't bring the wine and cheese car. $500 is too much for a fuel line. I like driving the canyon in my 914 better anyway. I feel safer in the corners. I may drive past my turn around point this time.
Aaron, see you there. Thanks Mark
Aaron Cox
good to hear jim, and mark.

any others?
Brad Roberts
How far is this from San Diego ? What time would I have to leave from SD to make it on time for the Sat. morning start ?

I'm heading down south Thursday evening and need to decide if I'm going to SD first or after the event.

I need to visit a shop down there.

B
Aaron Cox
1.5 hrs north of san diego. the run ends further south anout 1hr north of san diego
Brad Roberts
I will probably meet you guys at the end of the run. I didnt realize how far out you guy's where starting. Will you do a lunch/dinner at the end ?

B
Aaron Cox
we start at the I 15, and end at the I- 5.

we eat at the ruby's diner in laguna beach for lunch

bummer brad sad.gif
Aaron Cox
Looks like the 911 guys on Pelican will meet us at Ruby's for lunch. smilie_pokal.gif (10+ 911's)

and sammy (crossover 911/914 guy) biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
see ya tommorrow!
Jenny
Aaron, looking up Ruby's diner. Do you have an address or phone number??

Jen
siverson
I can probably make it up this morning too, but won't be able to stay for lunch. Weather looks perfect...

-Steve
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 11 2004, 01:21 AM)
Aaron, looking up Ruby's diner. Do you have an address or phone number??

Jen

30622 Coast Hwy Laguna Beach, CA 92651-4240
right on PCH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.