Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fair market value for a conversion 914-6 from a 1971 4 cylinder?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
R8CERX
Folks
Your input is appreciated- what would you pay for a 3.0 L engine on a 1970 or 1971 914 conversion body with fiber flares, body has no rust, engine is from a 85 911 SC with 130k miles without a rebuild and side shifter- I give it a 7/10 or 8/10 condition overall?
J P Stein
In my experience, about 50 cents on the dollar is doing good.
R8CERX
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 9 2013, 02:51 PM) *

In my experience, about 50 cents on the dollar is doing good.

Meaning?

Isn't just a running 3.0L 911 sc engine worth about $4 to 5k?
Body no rust=$3k?
Wheels/tranny-$3000
Fudge factor on additional items that have been improved-paint, seats, and say 8/10 overall condition=1.20% factor
11k +1..20%x11k= about $13500

Is the above a fair general assessment?

Just trying to calibrate my head with your experience.
J P Stein
$3 to 5k more for the conversion parts depending their quality and a quality conversion sells. You've seen the car, I haven't. All too many conversions make me wanna puke.

You asked a general question & got a general answer and I'll stick to it. I had $14800 in my 2.4L conversion.... not including the price of the car ($4800) years ago. Couldn't sell it for 11K.

Made a AX race car of it with a large cash infusion & sold it with truck & trailer...for .50 on the buck.
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 9 2013, 07:05 PM) *

$3 to 5k more for the conversion parts depending their quality and a quality conversion sells. You've seen the car, I haven't. All too many conversions make me wanna puke.

You asked a general question & got a general answer and I'll stick to it. I had $14800 in my 2.4L conversion.... not including the price of the car ($4800) years ago. Couldn't sell it for 11K.

Made a AX race car of it with a large cash infusion & sold it with truck & trailer...for .50 on the buck.

+1

Typically .50 on the buck for a correctly completed car is about right. But you have to decide whether the car was really done properly or not.

If you don't know then look around this site for someone that knows (and is close) to check it for you. One of the huge advantages of this site. And seeing that you are in California, you are in talent country.
R8CERX
Thank you!

I shall Keep your feedback in mind-

:-)
green914
idea.gif I have a roller that I recently picked up, and I have been thinking about making it a 914-6 conversion project - it may not be a good investment, but I thought it would be a fun project.
race914
As a comp, I sold ours for $18K

Had a 3.2 conversion, 901 with LSD and M-S-X , Steel Flares, Fiberglass hood and trunk. Setup for the track but still street legal and really a nice, fun car.

Click to view attachment

Out of the blue I was presented with an unsolicited offer of $18K, and even though we had no intentions to sell it, with good offers so far and few between, I took it.

Hope this helps you zero in on a price range
mepstein
QUOTE(race914 @ Jun 19 2013, 09:39 AM) *

As a comp, I sold ours for $18K

Had a 3.2 conversion, 901 with LSD and M-S-X , Steel Flares, Fiberglass hood and trunk. Setup for the track but still street legal and really a nice, fun car.

Click to view attachment

Out of the blue I was presented with an unsolicited offer of $18K, and even though we had no intentions to sell it, with good offers so far and few between, I took it.

Hope this helps you zero in on a price range

Nice car. $18K was a steal.
R8CERX
Agree- that is a nice car and someone got a great deal!!

THanks for the info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.