Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap speaker option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
I have been working on a speaker solution for the 914 since I got it. Ran across these Swiss Audio component speakers a while back, but now they are on sale for only $89. For some guys this might be a nice set up. It's an unusual 3-way component kit that has a 4" mid and 5.25" woofer. If your doors have been cut for existing 5.25" you could install these in the doors and then mount the tweeter and the 4" behind the stock plastic grilles.

beer3.gif

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8837-sac-525-s...ent-system.aspx
rick 918-S
I never understood why anyone would cut the doors for speakers. They only move about a foot closer and now instead facing tword you they face the other side of the car. confused24.gif screwy.gif
Shindog1961
I got a pair on ebay that someone had designed an adapter for to fit the stock location. I wouldn't cut the door either, in fact I spent a couple hundred dollars for new door panels to get rid of the holes in my last 914. If you go to Crutchfield.com they have several speakers they say will fit the kick panels
steuspeed
QUOTE(Shindog1961 @ Jun 9 2013, 10:19 PM) *

... in fact I spent a couple hundred dollars for new door panels to get rid of the holes in my last 914. ...

I have done the same thing since I want to use the stock speaker locations for 4" separates and a small sub in the console 6"-8". My car came with crap speakers mounted in the doors. However, this speaker set is so cheap, it might be a good option for some.
iamchappy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 9 2013, 11:57 PM) *

I never understood why anyone would cut the doors for speakers. They only move about a foot closer and now instead facing tword you they face the other side of the car. confused24.gif screwy.gif

Surround sound..... piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
primo panels are worth $150+ a set. if you could put the speakers in 914A&P's pods, it might be the ticket. you have to drill holes in the doors and jams for the wires. get the speaker placement wrong and you'll have to hack the inner door structure. not so good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.