Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this a good deal??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
On Ebay, I see these nice looking seats and the buy it now price is $85 bucks. I think he is making his money on the shipping, $150.00 for shipping. Still, racing seats for a pair for around $235.00. Does anyone know about these seats???

Racing Seats On the bay
Aaron Cox
theyre FUGLY.. pep boy specials biggrin.gif
nebreitling
well, they aren't racing seats, and there's nothing porsche specific about them that i can see. not FIA approved, no mounting brackets, items sold "as-is", and $150 shipping?

at least they're reclining so you can go ride gansta style
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 29 2004, 04:22 PM)
well, they aren't racing seats, and there's nothing porsche specific about them that i can see. not FIA approved, no mounting brackets, items sold "as-is", and $150 shipping?

at least they're reclining so you can go ride gansta style

do they come with a chain steering wheel and neon lights? lol2.gif
JB 914
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 29 2004, 03:12 PM)
On Ebay, I see these nice looking seats and the buy it now price is $85 bucks. I think he is making his money on the shipping, $150.00 for shipping. Still, racing seats for a pair for around $235.00. Does anyone know about these seats???

Racing Seats On the bay

you only like them cuz they are Yellow happy11.gif
Jeroen
You'll prolly have head clearance issues when you mount these in a teener....
Steve
I doubt they will fit back in the back pad.
If you like them I would email the seller and find out what the 914 seat adapters cost and how much height they add to the seat.
phantom914
Scott,

If you want to know what they are like, go to Pep Boys and check them out. Seriously.

Andrew
Andyrew
Check out the local pep boys add... They just got seats that I think are just like the Sparco "sprint" seats... I just ordered 2 of em in black/grey... (just saw the add today.. See if I like em, can always take them back..) But at 80 per... I figured what the heck...

I have been searching franticly for apic, have no luck though...Sooo I'll upload a pic of the add... lol
TheCabinetmaker
Saw those same seats at Pepboys Saturday (in blue). They're huge!!!
Andyrew
And heres a pic of the add.. taken by my new handy dandy, credit card camera (really, really, really small... easy to use though..)
redshift
This kind of stuff clogs up ebay, and turns it into an unviable trashbay.

smile.gif

M
Andyrew
Ya, try and cypher through all the hundreds of the exact same add...

And you look for one decent picture of this new seat that 3a has out (checked everywhere, pepboys, 3aracing.com.. all the places.... They dont even recognize that they now sell this seat.....) and NOTHING...

Where are their priorities?

sheesh..
Randal
I hauled a beautiful pair of Corbeau seats all the way up to Reno, when I was having my cage built and the seats ended up fitting as advertised, but with the mounting brackets supplied my head hit the roof. wacko.gif

My experience is that getting seats for your 914 is something that you need to do in real time.

I ended up using Kirkey which TC Design installed.
Dad Roberts
Randal.....What do the seats look like??.....Ya still got them ? Dad........ driving.gif
theol00
I just got this one shipped - comes with brackets that slide into our original seatbrackets - I will install them this week - I'll make a picture and let you guys know how they fit - btw - they come in black
Carlitos Way
I'm holding out for the Corbeau A4's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.