Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross test/tune/practice day at Sonoma Sept 21st
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Trekkor
Sept 21st at world famous Sonoma Raceway

7:00 registration
8:00 driver's meeting and course walk
9:00-5:00 event

We'll start the morning with a driver's meeting that will cover format, objectives, course description and basic safety.
A group course walk will follow with pointers and approaches to controlled and quick driving.

We'll divide the drivers into two groups that will work on each portion of the track during the morning.
This will allow each driver to become very familiar with all of the features of the course one smaller section at a time.

During lunch, any participant that wishes can enjoy a 20-30 minute parade lap session on the road course. ( low speed/no passing )

The individual portions will be combined to create one large, typical a/x track.
Each group will alternate back and forth between "run and work" for the remainder of the afternoon.
Workers will maintain track safety and replace hit cones.

Plenty of opportunity to drive and learn.
Coaches will be available as time permits for advice, demo rides and ride-alongs.

Get close to a season of seat time in one day!

This is not a competition event and no official timing will be provided.

$75 for each driver.
No charge for passengers.

Register on the Track Masters Racing website:
http://trackmasters-racing.com/

Please contact me for any questions
trekkor@willstile.com
Trekkor
Coming up in about 6 weeks.
Still space available.

I'd like to put all of the 914's in one run group.

KT
Andyrew
I'll see if the wife will let us go to this one. She needs more seat time in her Genesis.
McMark
I'm gonna be out of town. mad.gif
Trekkor
Two weeks until the event.

Space is limited.

KT
Trekkor
What to expect in the classroom:

During the classroom session we will discuss the basics of car control. Why the car behaves in certain ways under braking, acceleration and in turns.

Approaches to the course will be discussed.

Hand position, looking ahead, visual markers, reward vs. risk, linking features, slow in fast out, straight line braking, one brake one-turn one-gas, etc.

Tire pressures and tread wear ratings.

Also open to questions

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.