http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW
monkei
pic
GTeener
Street legal in which state? idea.gif
ppickerell
boringon
michel richard
I really thought you had to have fenders to be on the street, in most jurisdictions.

Michel Richard
F4i
look at all the 32 fords running around. Same deal here.
"honey, i am just going out to get some milk. Back in 30 seconds."
kermit
Where are the HEADLIGHTS??? No way this is street legal chair.gif
F4i
these headlights?
Mueller
QUOTE(kermit @ Nov 29 2004, 05:51 PM)
Where are the HEADLIGHTS??? No way this is street legal chair.gif

Headlights are removable with quick-disconnect wiring and can be installed into recieving sockets in seconds.

I just cannot believe that is has such "crappy" tires...one would think it would have some nice sticky tires on it, but I guess it might be safer this way wacko.gif
kermit
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 29 2004, 04:53 PM)
these headlights?

Did you just photochop those in?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
skline
Holy crap!!! For sale 1974 custom built 914 Chalon with V8 conversion. Need to sell quick before auction ends on December 8th. Found new toy!!!! Must sell.

That would be awesome!!! Way too cool.
F4i
QUOTE(kermit @ Nov 29 2004, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 29 2004, 04:53 PM)
these headlights?

Did you just photochop those in?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No magik I wouldn't know how. I am a bit puter dumb. slap.gif I don't even know how people make there 32 fords street legal let alone this thing.
qa1142
yep, I saw a CanAM Chaparel in Wisc done up same. guy lives near Elkhart Lake. Nothing like 600+ hp in little street rocket.

Front valance was chipped laugh.gif
bernbomb914
you dont need fenders if it weights under 1500 lbs. in CA. dont know about other states. wonder how it would auto x?

Bernie
Qarl
Lola's are Lame! ar15.gif

My -3 week old Elise could kick that car's butt on the street any day. It's just a Lotus wannabe!

The only people that drive Lola's are Episcoplian's or men in a mid-life crisis!

laugh.gif

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

It would be neat to own... but my wife couldn't get any shopping done with it... or run her errands!

Thanks for the link Monkei!
monkei
hahahahaha. that was funny. i deserve that. the funny thing is, ppickerell started the thread with my name (shared computer, forgot to log out). car looks fun though happy11.gif BTW, ive always liked the Elise.
airsix
I've dreamed of doing a car like this since 1987 or '88 when I saw one a guy built from scratch. His was also licensed and street driven. Single-seat open wheel & looked like the real deal. It was powered by a pair of Kawasaki 900cc bike engines. I drool like Pavlov's dog every time I think about it. About once every year since then I go browsing around looking for retired open-wheel cars to use as a platform for this sort of project. A Formula Continental, Formula Mazda... drooley.gif

Yes I am crazy. Yes I would go through blood, sweat, and tears to get it street licensed. Yes I would really drive it. Those who know me best don't doubt it.

-Ben M.
F4i
Not street legal here (Canada) but you would probably really enjoy a radical rs3 1300cc hayabusa engine open wheel bullit. I watched one beat a honda cbr 600 with a local champ riding. He was not holding back. that radical is nuts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.