Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STARTED! WOOOHOOO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
been sitting waiting for a call to pick up the legacy outback and then go to the hardware store for some new fasteners. new oil and filter. couldn't wait any longer so... let the pump tone change, 4 pumps, hit the key and LIFT OFF!!! no muffler so it's LOUD. turned it off. have to get the muffler on, set the timing, balance the carbs, set the idle air for stable purring and button up the heat ducting. am i happy? FUCHIN' A!!!! don't want to jinx things with some outlandish prediction.

happy camper
TargaToy
Congrats!!! piratenanner.gif

LOVE that feeling. I think I have short videos on all of my old phones from capturing the moments to send unsuspecting friends at ungodly hours!
rhodyguy
for retirement my wife got an i-pad and, i don't know the model, a super thin BIG screened apple desk top. i'll have her shoot some vids with the pad and post them on youtube. i'm really pleased.

k
Mblizzard
Great! Do mine next?

I know that feeling of getting it going and savoring the success.
ThePaintedMan
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Really happy Kevin! Sorry to hear about the Suby, but glad you're getting things figured out! Can't wait for video...
aircooledtechguy
Way cool, Kevin!! I don't think I have ever seen your 914,. . . EVER!! This will be a real treat.
sixnotfour
first.gif
JoeSharp
Way Kool. Kevin has a real running 914. I don't think anyone I know has seen it.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 10 2013, 09:23 PM) *

Way Kool. Kevin has a real running 914. I don't think anyone I know has seen it.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

LOL! Well put Joe. I must admit I have seen Kevin with a running 914 before. Though it has been probably 10 years blink.gif
NORD

Glad to hear it Kevin. I got very little done today but Tuesday morning it will be started.

Get my seat brackets welded in also in the morning.

Joe and JRust, I think the last time Kevin drove his silver car was one week before the WCR 08. Glad he's running again.
euro911
COOL!

Yes, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

popcorn[1].gif
FourBlades

Nice work! piratenanner.gif

John
rhodyguy
not a shameless plug. chris' cable linkage gets a big dose of credit on the smooth start. you can get it pretty damn close by eye just watching the action of the 2 pulleys after putting it on and presetting the throttle stop arms. had to turn the idle speed screws in a bit to find an acceptable idle, 850 to 900rpm. i'll get it up to operating temp today, confirm the timing and be breaking out the 'snail' to see what the flow is side to side. any adjustments can be made with one wrench and a short screwdriver. then find best idle with the idle air needle screws. when i swapped the mallory over, the rotor was close to the #1 terminal location with engine on tdc on cyl #1.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 11 2013, 12:46 AM) *

Glad to hear it Kevin. I got very little done today but Tuesday morning it will be started.

Get my seat brackets welded in also in the morning.

Joe and JRust, I think the last time Kevin drove his silver car was one week before the WCR 08. Glad he's running again.

WCR 04 beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
"would you like to have my map of the bay area?". shades.gif the alien coming up the ramp at the parking garage. the cool valve stem caps with the alien face on them. dinner at the chinese rest...howard...fun times. wow, 9 years. time flies.

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2013, 09:07 AM) *

"would you like to have my map of the bay area?". shades.gif the alien coming up the ramp at the parking garage. the cool valve stem caps with the alien face on them. dinner at the chinese rest...howard...fun times. wow, 9 years. time flies.

k

Ya, I still sport those valve stem caps on the Alien. I remember driving up to the top of the parking ramp and setting off all the car alarms on the way up. lol-2.gif I have to miss this year. I have to drive 20 hrs. one way to Nashville for a 6hr meeting instead. I'm not getting paid to do it but if I don't go I likely will not be chosen to work this year. dry.gif Glad your car is running. Finish the tune and have fun! aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
ol' skool triad and a bag of brand spankin' new fasteners. the first version made by david said. nice tone. dave ellison doesn't make them and i don't know why. don't ask him.
championgt1
piratenanner.gif The 1.8 lives!
rhodyguy
biggrin.gif . hope the carbs aren't too big. wink.gif are you avail to swing by after work? we'll do the timing. shouldn't take but a minute. you can grab the 'plushies' too.
championgt1
I am off work around 3:30. Be there around 4:00!
championgt1
sad.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Porsche930dude
nice just started my 1.7 today for the first time today also!
sixnotfour
Rolled out my 914 today also..it started too....yippee
Gint
I didn't know you were working on one Kevin. Now post some pics already!
euro911
The 'BB' saw some action today (Tuesday) as well. It sat idling in the parking lot for about 15 minutes dry.gif

laugh.gif
rhodyguy
'repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity'. sawzall-smiley.gif screwy.gif headbang.gif
ThePaintedMan
WTF.gif

Everything okay? PLEASE say this engine isn't spewing smoke...
aircooledtechguy
Pics already. . . SHEESH!!

Teasing us with pics of your exhaust is just not right. You're a dog owner; you know it's not nice to tease with treats. . . Throw us a bone why don't ya. . . poke.gif
rhodyguy
something to talk about when everybody is getting gassed up this weekend. jeanne "loaned' me HER cruiser this weekend. smile.gif see you tomorrow nate. be careful driving over blewett pass. there are some tricky bits.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.