Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 1972 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mjstull
Click to view attachment

I've owned the car since 2005, it was my second 914. Sold the first one in 1986.

She was white and ran with a solid body, even had the original windshield. I looked for over a year to find a 914 that didn't have damage from an accident.

I had her restored, first the engine came out and it was rebuild. Then a complete take down paint job. She got tires with wheels, brakes, carpet, seals, pads, and radio. And a lot of other things replaced by the restorers along the way.

I have had Hagerty insurance for 6 years now.

Hagerty Rated Condition is a #1 and it's insured for $26k.

FYI - Garold Shaffer has seen the car and it's okay to contact him with questions.

Mary Jane
mjstull
Additional Photos of 914
mjstull
Sale Pending
sean_v8_914
when I sell a 914, I never charge extra for the rust either wink.gif
mjstull
Sale Pending
GaroldShaffer
I have seen Mary Jane's car and it is a nice car. Well worth taking a serious look at if you are in the market. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.
mjstull
Sale Pending
mjstull
Please bring all offers, a wholesaler has made an offer.
bulitt
Very Nice smilie_pokal.gif
Slick914
How's the car as far as rust? The usual areas like hell hole, longs, battery tray, etc.

No working heater?

Quality and condition of paint? Any bubbles, dings, runs, blemishes, etc? Rear trunk painted blue or black?

Stock engine rebuild?

Any leaks?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Jun 29 2013, 07:07 PM) *

How's the car as far as rust? The usual areas like hell hole, longs, battery tray, etc.

No working heater?

Quality and condition of paint? Any bubbles, dings, runs, blemishes, etc? Rear trunk painted blue or black?

Stock engine rebuild?

Any leaks?

I can answer most of your questions.

There is no rust in the longs, hell hole, battery tray, floor pans, or trunks.

You are correct, no working heater, she has headers on the car, but does have the Aux blower motor just not installed in the engine bay.

I would give the paint at a 9 out of 10. I did notice one blemish on the passenger front fender up by the cowl. It is small, but there. No runs in the paint. The trunks are painted the same color as the car.

The engine looks stock to me, but I can't speak of the internals.

As for leaks: engine does drip a small mount of oil over time, but nothing major.

The car has all new body rubber seals.

Only issue I really see is that it is a tail shifter trans and shifting is not as crisp as a side shifter. Also need to hold it in 4th gear for a few seconds to get it to stay.

Overall a great car. She has way more into it than she is asking. Is it perfect, no, but you would spend way more than she is asking to get ANY project to this level.

Hope this helps.
Slick914
Thanks for the info Garold.
Cairo94507
Damn that is a smokin' deal. I hope someone snaps that car up quick. I would hate for it to go to a wholesaler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.