Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on the fuel lines, also need 90 deg. "elbows"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kraftwerk
Like 1/2 the 914 population I am in the process of changing ALL the fuel lines. The tank was almost immaculate when I went to clean it out, sock not clogged either. All in all it looked surprisingly good in there. Put in a new sock since I had it.. I replaced the plastic lines in the tunnel with stainless steel, although they too, were in pretty good shape. I must say that plastic material is very good quality to have held up so long. I really had to yank on them to get it out and it did not not break or split at all. Did find one small rubber hose, old style, with braided covering, right below the engine tin, it was original and practically fell apart in my hands! Got it just in time. All other lines look old, not as old as the car but are refreshed anyway. Just looking to source the elbows. The 90 degree fuel line "elbows" You know the rubber bent pieces that connect the fuel rails to the injectors...Did see them going for $70 for 4 ! Anyone know of a cheaper source? I am on a budget here!

Next project: replacing ALL vacuum lines.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 11 2013, 02:08 PM) *

Like 1/2 the 914 population I am in the process of changing ALL the fuel lines. The tank was almost immaculate when I went to clean it out, sock not clogged either. All in all it looked surprisingly good in there. Put in a new sock since I had it.. I replaced the plastic lines in the tunnel with stainless steel, although they too, were in pretty good shape. I must say that plastic material is very good quality to have held up so long. I really had to yank on them to get it out and it did not not break or split at all. Did find one small rubber hose, old style, with braided covering, right below the engine tin, it was original and practically fell apart in my hands! Got it just in time. All other lines look old, not as old as the car but are refreshed anyway. Just looking to source the elbows. The 90 degree fuel line "elbows" You know the rubber bent pieces that connect the fuel rails to the injectors...Did see them going for $70 for 4 ! Anyone know of a cheaper source? I am on a budget here!

Got mine from Pelican Parts. Be sure you replace your clamps with fuel injector clamps. beerchug.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/0-43...%30%2D%37%36%29
ThinAir
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 11 2013, 11:08 AM) *

The 90 degree fuel line "elbows" You know the rubber bent pieces that connect the fuel rails to the injectors...Did see them going for $70 for 4 ! Anyone know of a cheaper source? I am on a budget here!

I'm guessing those are the elbows from Automobile Atlanta. Those elbows are the only thing I'm willing to buy from them and it's only because I've never found another source for a true "L" shaped hose. The one's from Pelican have a slight bend, but not an "L" shape to them (at least based upon their photo). Because I prefer the actual "L" shaped hoses over every other configuration, I bite the bullet and get them from AA.
dlee6204
I haven't used these myself but they should work and are slightly cheaper.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/13-53-1-726-960.htm
ChrisFoley
I sell 4 injector elbows (yes, L shaped) with 8 hose clamps for $69.95 including delivery.
Its one of the package deals on my fuel lines webpage.
mepstein
I bought it all from racer chris. all the right stuff, shipped super fast and when I accidently over paid for shipping, he refunded without me ever asking. Definately one of the good guys!
matt5596
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 12 2013, 06:51 AM) *

I bought it all from racer chris. all the right stuff, shipped super fast and when I accidently over paid for shipping, he refunded without me ever asking. Definately one of the good guys!

agree.gif I got everything, tank to engine, from Chris. The elbows were a perfect fit. Great quality at a fair price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.