Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front fuel line grommet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
I am taking my fuel lines apart and I have steel ends in front and plastic at the back end of tunnel. I am going to pull it all apart tomorrow but not sure why each end is different. I see some people on forum saying they transition to steel after firewall but I don't see images of that anywhere. Anyone know how it transitions?

Edit: Well I now know I need the front fuel line grommet. Posted a request in classifieds forum. Thanks for everyone's help with this especially Racer Chris! biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
You will see how it is tommorrow... wink.gif
chads74
Hope you are planning on replacing entire fuel line with ss?
last337
The plan is to replace with ss all the way front to back. I am just wondering how it is that I see ss in front now and plastic in back. I am glad I am doing this now because the whole system is a mess after pulling the tank. I tried to get the rubber block out of the front firewall last night but it just started to crumble.

If these do transition to plastic halfway through the tunnel what is the best way to remove existing lines? I cant pull out from back or they will just come apart and get stuck in tunnel.
last337
Well I figured it out after a call to Chris at Tangerine. However, does anyone have that block the fuel lines run through in the front or know of another solution for that? Mine started to fall apart when I started pulling on it last night.
ChrisFoley
Its unusual for that big piece of rubber to get destroyed.
Someone will have a spare in their collection of parts.
TheCabinetmaker
pm sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.