Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: subie swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
griffin951
Just bough a 73 914 looking into doing a sti swap and was wondering if someone sells engine cradles that fit the engine as well as the subaru trans. Also this is a rather large project and I was wondering if anyone had any advice at all such as inner cooler and radiator mounting locations or what will I need to do to the rear suspension to get it to accept what ever axles it needs, honestly I'm looking for any advice/guidance past experiences I can get. Thanks
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

Ian sells them... I saw an update somewhere on his product. Someone will post it or you can use the search feature or you can scroll a few pages into the garage and you will find it.

BTW, you can click on my link below for some intercooler ideas. Not a Subi but still...
griffin951
WOW sick idea for the radiators i was thinking something along the lines of that but not that creative i gotta give it to you, you defiantly went all out on that pray.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(griffin951 @ Jun 11 2013, 08:24 PM) *

WOW sick idea for the radiators i was thinking something along the lines of that but not that creative i gotta give it to you, you defiantly went all out on that pray.gif

Where are you located in California? There are many of us here...
griffin951
Lemoore just a little south of Fresno, I'm new to the area only been out here for about 2 or so months.
DBCooper
A new valley flatlander, huh? Cool. Renegade Hybrids in Las Vegas sells a kit. Good radiator, but otherwise probably not the most evolved. The Ian mentioned is at www.coldwater914.com. He's talked a lot with the different people who've done this conversion and kind of consolidated all that information, picking out out the parts that have worked well. He's still in school, has moved recently and is getting married so I think may be distracted right now, but people who've used his parts give them high marks.

abnrdo
welcome.png

Look forward to watching your progress!!
griffin951
ill make sure i start a tread with all the pics and progress, but i have a feeling its gonna take a while *so much rust* headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.