sale pending
For sale 1971 914-4 2.0L ………$6414
VIN471291096, I am the second registered owner with all original receipts from the first purchase of this car.
Car was purchased June 30, 1971 from Porsche Audi at O’hare in Elk Grove Village, Illinois for a price of $4526.35. documented mileage from 7/7/71 @21 miles through 6/12/08 @ 92009. It went idle until 6/30/2008 with a mileage of 92636. I obtained the car from Brad M. in November 2011 along with a 1974 parts car with a 2.0L engine and side shift transmission. The car needed some work.
Have all original owners manual, service booklet and purchase papers. All records appear to be there. Even a fender bender, and appears to have been properly addressed.
What I have done:
A lot of cleaning, brake refurbishment (still has early year calipers),front wheel bearings and ball joints, front suspension bushings replaced, fuel system (tank cleaned and several new hoses),new front and rear shocks, interior installed from the ’74, doors refurbished and has both outside mirrors, all lights work, horns and wipers fully operational, new carpet. Tires with less than 300 miles, fuchs, re-painted original black color outside and both trunks. It really looks sharp but not being a great body guy it has some minor problems when closely examined. Functioning Al Garcia gages. Interior is not ripped, torn or split. All door panels and seats in very nice to exceptional condition. The center cushion has a minor split (about 1 inch long).
Sound body and frame. Hell hole is intact, battery tray was refurbished
Some things for the potential new owner—The windshield trim could be replaced. clip in at least one spot keeps coming loose—if I kept the car I would replace with full rubber trim to eliminate the problem (even putting new clips and new trim could resolve). The body could be improved, there are some slight dents in the panels. Some of the rust prep (by the driver fender to dash) didn’t take. Drive it as is until desired to address. To some the current condition is just fine.
All paint is glossy and shines well. It’s a 3-5 footer.
Open to reasonable offers. Located just south of Joliet Illinois. Shipping is at your expense.
have numerous additional pictures, send e-mail address if interested.
Gary